Thread: worried - breast screening result

worried - breast screening result

Hello,

My mum has hd her breast screening result back and the letter says on it basically that the result was 'unclear' so she needs to go back and get it done again or , further tests I think it says.

I'm panicking out of my mind.
    They have made her appt for next week and could not give her one sooner, so I won't be able to stop worrying about this result.

She thinks, and I hope this is all it has been? the person doing it was really quick with doing it and maybe it was blurry or something, the image they take? if that is at all possible. Last time she went to it she said it took way longer.

I don't know what to think right now and the reality is won't know till the appointment as it says you get told the result on the same day, has anyone got advice ?

Re: worried - breast screening result

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: worried - breast screening result

I know its WAY easier said than done but try not to panic. Getting a call back is quite common. It doesn't mean its bad, most of the time. Just means they maybe saw something they are unsure about and want to take further pictures, maybe an ultrasound just to be sure its nothing. I'll keep your Mom in my prayers!!! *hugs*

Thread Information