Thread: Blurry eyes. Anxiety or worse

Blurry eyes. Anxiety or worse

Hi. So for the last 7/8 months iv noticed my right eye is a lot weaker than my left. Which is fine because I can still see perfectly fine. But iv had a few episodes of extreme blurriness whixh lasts 24 hours or so making my right eye worse then it normally is making it very noticeable.
    Iv been to get my eyes checked and they can't find anything wrong they said my bad eye is only a little bit worse but not bad enough for glasses. I'm worried these episodes mean something more sinister and wondering if anxiety could cause this in 1 eye? Thanks.

Re: Blurry eyes. Anxiety or worse

blurred vision can definitely be one of the many symptoms of anxiety. not one i've had myself though.

Since you've been checked out then i'd try your best to put it out of your mind

Hi there,
    I would have thought that if you have had your eyes checked then it will be nothing to worry about. Certainly anxiety could cause some vision disturbances, at least in my experience. I find it very hard for my eyes to focus properly if I'm panicking or anxious. Do you do a lot of close up work or something where your eyes are strained? Because that could be causing it too. And I believe we have a dominant eye and obviously one eye can be affected more than the other.

Thank you. No apart from being on my phone a lot. Oops. Lol. I don't do much close work as I'm on maternity leave at the moment. I hang on to every word doctors or anyone says. And they have me eye drops and said come back and see how they are. It worries me encase there's a reason to go back. ��

Thread Information