Thread: Dosage for second time starting on Sertraline

Dosage for second time starting on Sertraline

Hi there,

I have suffered from panic disorder and GAD on and off for about 8 years now.

in the past i had a period of extreme panic and depression and i was prescribed sertraline by my GP to help with this.

Long story short, i was only sertraline for about 3 and a half years , started at 25mg and my dosage max was 100mg and this seemed to really help me for a long period.

I weened myself off the sertraline about 5 months ago as i was feeling much better and hadn't experience a panic episode in a very long time. The weening fo the drug wasnt really that difficult for me to be honest however recently my anxiety and panic symptoms have come back with a vengeance.

my currrent doctor has given me diazepam and another course of sertraline to start but said that he usually likes to start the dosage at 50mg instead of the 25mg my previous gp suggested

Do think it will be safe for me to go straight back into a 50mg dosage considering i have taken the drug for so long in the past?

When i first started sertraline 4 years ago my initial anxiety was heightened extremely and i was lethargic and dysfunctional. i just want to get back to my therapeutic dose as soon as possible.

EDIT: my Gp has only prescribed me 20 diazepam 2mg tablets for the 2 week period. i find that 2mg doesn't really affect me that much and im worried it wont be enough for the initial heightened symptoms starting sertraline.

im male 26 6ft and around 155lbs if that makes a difference

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks
    Last edited by pb90; 21-09-16 at 22:08.

Re: Dosage for second time starting on Sertraline

2mg of Diazepam is pathetic isn't it. I am tall too but have 15mg which still isn't enough to completely chill me but it does help. I am starting Sertraline at a quarter of a pill as I get panic attacks on SRI's if not. I wish I could press some sort of fast forward button, lol. Good luck. xxx

Thread Information