Thread: Help rationalizing ?!

Help rationalizing ?!

So I'm kinda freaking out but trying to stay calm but I need help. I have had a minor kink in my neck/shoulder on the left side and I figured I slept on it wrong.so I've been trying to self massage. Anyways It just feel more sore today and all of a sudden just now I feel like my upper left arm feels weird and so now I feel really weird and anxious and the first thing my anxious mind said was stroke... Or blood clot or heart attack i don't know.. But either way now I feel that horrible feeling when you get really scared about something. :( I'm 22.. But anything can happen and my anxious imagination is doing a number on me right now.. :( it doesn't help that my bfs grandma had stents put in a few weeks ago and now his grandpap had a stent put in yesterday so I think heart worries are in my conscious right now. Just trying to rationalize this but I just feel really panicked.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

I feel pain when I turn my head all the way to the left like as far as I can.. It's not horrible pain just mild but pain still.. It doesn't feel like that on my right side.. Also I feel like it goes in my shoulder when my neck meets. I don't know if I coulda made it worse from self massaging but it just definitely feels more sore today and yesterday is when I noticed it. /: was thinking it could be my pillow because I was waking up with a headache when I got up it went away quick but when I first got up I had a mild headache. I don't know if it could be related but I'm not sure what to think. It's just anxiety is making me really worries about it being something very bad or an indicator of sown thing bad

Re: Help rationalizing ?!

Sounds to me like a neck issue. When there's strain or inflammation in the neck it can tweek on the nerves. That causes pain, tingling, numbness, weakness.

When I had a pinched nerve in my neck last year, my arm, shoulder, hand, and neck hurt. I had tingling in my arm and hand. My forearm and hand felt like there was novacain in them. Scared the life out of me.

I went to a chiropractor, I'm good now. But the reason it happened was my poor posture at the computer.

Forward head posture is wrecking our necks.
    Last edited by NancyW; 22-09-16 at 02:51.

That definitely makes sense! Did it kind of hurt to turn your neck to a certain side? I think I either slept wrong because of my pillow or its from laying on my side with my head turned to the left weirdly while browsing on my phone.. Which would make sense why it hurts to turn to the left side. Thanks Nancy... That's very helpful for me right now to keep in mind instead of worrying worst case senario.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy_Darling View Post
    Did it kind of hurt to turn your neck to a certain side?
    Yes, absolutely, but the neck pain didn't scare it was all the weird arm, shoulder, shoulderblade stuff that freaked me out. I underestimated how poorly I treated my neck.

Thread Information