Re: cant sleep because of rabies worries, PLEASE REPLY

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn313 View Post
    1) you don't know what they are going to say
    2) you can tell the truth at any time and they will reassess
    3) they can't kill you by medication
    4) if they did quarantine you they would soon realise that
    A - you don't have rabies and then bring you out of quarantine or B - you
    do have rabies (which you also believe) and then you will die anyway

I think your bf has done a good thing here and made you face the reality of the situation.

Xx

I dont think it is a good thing that they are wasting a nurse`s time by lying.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    I dont think it is a good thing that they are wasting a nurse`s time by lying.
    Absolutely right. Now they will be speaking to someone who in no way has rabies at the cost of their valuable time. If the BF wanted to help that way he should have engaged with the correct channel - a doctor about his GF's anxiety. This way he will just end up feeding the cycle further anyway as no amount of reassurance is helping, in fact this step has lead to further catastrophizing.

What I think her BF needs to do is read this thread. That should tell him what is going on and what he needs to do.

Am sure her bf is aware of the anxiety but was at end of his wits so wanted to find a way of getting a final answer in order to put an end to his gf suffering. He may have gone about it in the wrong way but still he is trying to help (I think!?)

You have to admit this is an engaging thread as we all seem unable to move away from replying...

Yes, I agree with you. Unless you know about these conditions, it will be exhausting and very worrying for him too. I think we should be clear about misuse of a medical professionals time (and especially lying to them) but I can understand it too so it's just something for them to learn from.

It's the same as all the A&E trips people with anxiety make. It's not always so cut & dry when you are faced with the situation, so just learn from it for next time.

Given that the bat event was almost two months ago, I suspect staff will quickly pick up that this is a case of "rabies anxiety" rather than the real thing, regardless of how contact with the bat was made.

Also, since every single person is telling the person that they don't have rabies but the person resists them, it has to qualify as a delusional state. It's still tenuously tied to reality, in that the person is still asking for evidence that they may be wrong, but only just.

I seriously doubt that they will do any tests for rabies anyway. I never heard of such things; and if it really is such things it is extremely complicated and not something the health authorities would spend money on.

If it ISN'T rabies I just want to know what the hell is wrong with me so I can stop worrying myself sick to the point of complete mental and physical exhaustion. Last night I broke out in a cold sweat for like 2 hours and my temperature shot way up and I felt so nauseas and I have no idea what it was. Rabies symptoms can't come and go can they?

just assume you DO have rabies and go and live life to the full with whatever time you have left.

Did you actually take your temperature? Cold sweat and nausea are both symptoms of high anxiety and agitation.

You don't have rabies.

I have also been extremely pale since last night. I look like a ghost.

I woke up today in horrible pain and I am having the worst menstrual cramps I have ever had. I feel like I'm going to start violently vomiting and I have a cold sweaty fever again. This isn't rabies is it??

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information