Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: cant sleep because of rabies worries, PLEASE REPLY

Re: cant sleep because of rabies worries, PLEASE REPLY

UTIs can definitely cause brain fog and headaches. Dr is the only way to know for sure.
    You really need to get that tooth sorted too.

Best wishes.

Whats really scaring me is the way I can't seem to think of certain words.. I'll be talking normally and then its like my mind just hits a wall all of a sudden and I literally can not think of the word I'm trying to use.. Not like that kind of thing where its on the tip of your tongue and you think for a second and then remember. I mean I literally can not remember. The word is not there. I will sit there thinking for like 5 minutes until I eventually just have to give up and use a different word or ask someone what the word I'm trying to use is.. Its very scary especially since I'm only 21.. I think I'm suffering from some kind of serious brain infection or losing my mind from stress. But I also have a headache in the area that controls things like memory so I doubt its only stress..

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderRain View Post
    Whats really scaring me is the way I can't seem to think of certain words.. I'll be talking normally and then its like my mind just hits a wall all of a sudden and I literally can not think of the word I'm trying to use.. Not like that kind of thing where its on the tip of your tongue and you think for a second and then remember. I mean I literally can not remember. The word is not there. I will sit there thinking for like 5 minutes until I eventually just have to give up and use a different word or ask someone what the word I'm trying to use is.. Its very scary especially since I'm only 21.. I think I'm suffering from some kind of serious brain infection or losing my mind from stress. But I also have a headache in the area that controls things like memory so I doubt its only stress..
    I think you have health anxiety. You need to read back through your posts and see just how much your symptoms bounce from one thing to another, and back again very rapidly. This is trademark HA and until you work towards treating the anxiety, you will continue to have these symptoms. Just my opinion though!

On a more serious note, if you truly do have an a abscess in your tooth, get that taken care of asap. Can cause some real health problems, not to mention the pain!! I've had them myself!

Hey everyone, its been a while. I just wanted anyone worrying about rabies who may be looking at this post to know that it has been a little over 5 months since my bat encounter and I am still here. Sorry I haven't been on for a while, I just got over a bad flu and a really nasty UTI but I'm alive. My only current anxiety is that I have noticed one of my pupils seems to always be slightly larger than the other but I'm doing my best to ignore it until my next doctor's appointment. I hope you're all well.

Nauseating anxiety over rabies shot

Remember me? The rabies girl? Well the fear is back again, and it's not so far fetched this time. I was walking home from the store with my husband when a small flying thing came out of a bush we were walking by and flapped around near my hand for a few seconds before disappearing into the night. I didn't get a good look at whatever it was. I came home and noticed two small puncture wounds that were swollen and red and really painful, very small and close together. I ran to the emergency room with my husband immediately. I did NOT want a repeat of last year's rabies incident. They looked at it and said they wanted to reassure me, but in their opinion it was better to be safe then sorry and they thought I should get the shots. They told me I only had a little while to decide before it would be too late for me to get it, and that if I chose not to it was up to me but they told me the risks. I was terrified but I got the shots anyway. There is of course a chance that I was not bitten by a bat and that if I was, it wasn't rabid. But I am sick with worry. I picked at the wound before I went to the hospital without thinking and it bled and I'm worried I may have helped the rabies get into my system and now the vaccine won't work. I also read that some people who are bitten on the hands (which is where my marks were) have a greater chance of the vaccine failing because of the nerves in the hands being easy for the virus to travel on quicker than the body can build up defenses. I'm also worried, of course, that maybe I did not get bitten or contract rabies and now I have rabies in my body for no good reason and maybe I will be the first person to contract rabies from the vaccine itself. This was all just last night, they gave me the shots and sent me home, telling me to come back if I experienced any severe symptoms. I have had a headache and a cold sheen of sweat over my entire body, and intense nausea, all day today. Now I am feeling weird tingling and prickling sensations in my feet and hands, which can be a rabies symptom and a more serious side effect of the vaccine. I am so scared I'm going to die again and I just can't calm down.

Re: Nauseating anxiety over rabies shot

Anyone??

Hi Lavender. I remember you. Interesting you refer to yourself as "the rabies girl". Last year you posted what I think was the only rabies thread in here; but now; for the last few months there has been numerous rabies threads; one more crazy than the other. I have never heard that anyone gets rabies from a rabies vaccine! Maybe you have googled and read it; but I guess that it is something ectremely rare incident; and from the old days when the vaccine was not as good as these days.
    I must say that I had a major rabies scare in 2004, 17 years ago. That year alone was hooryfying, but I got over it. There were times when the fear kept coming back; just like wth you know, but the severity of the anxiety were not as bad and in the end it died. So you are having your first aftershock of rabies anxiety, just like I had. Today it is 100% gone. I wish I could say the same thing about my cancer anxiety though.
    So dont worry. You dont have rabies and you wont get it. Please try hard to not think about rabies and please dont google anything related to rabies. Rememeber your stiatisticly low chance of getting rabies at all; it is virtually nonexisting. Please continue to enjoy your life and not be afraid of rabies. And please read the thread I started about a reflextion of all the rabies posters.

I remember you too. It's nice to hear from you again. I am very ashamed that I am letting these worries come back, especially since I was so completely over them as little as a week ago.. but now I've started the shots and I got my second dose today (day 3) and the nurse who did it this time was very adamant about the fact that the shots could cause me major neurological damage and kill me if I continued them, but also that I shouldn't discontinue them because that could also kill me. She was very cold and uncaring and the other doctors who gave me the shots on day 1 told me severe reactions are very rare and that I would be fine, but this lady made it sound like I WAS going to die and used the word "lethal" way too many times for my liking. Now I'm having tingling in my feet and my face feels numb. I'm familiar with the numb face feelings because it happens to me a lot when I have panic attacks but the feet tingling is different and really freaking me out since it can be a neurological side effect of the vaccine that could kill me.

I am REALLY not doing well now. It's the day after my second dose and my left leg is killing me and having muscle twitches, my head feels all funny and heavy and my lower back is all stiff. I'm so scared that I'm going to die.. I almost wish I had refused the vaccines. I read other people's experiences with the rabies vaccines and I seem to be a rare case. Everyone else who gets them seems to be totally fine. This scares me so much. I could end up hospitalized and dead.

I understand your dilemma. I'm in the same fix as you. I saw a bird or assumed it was bat which flew over me and now I'm scared of it giving me rabies. I've had countless things tell me it could be rabies and I've gotten 5 shots in the past. Recently though after reading about the side-effects the vaccines could possibly trigger including Guillan-Barre syndrome which could be permanent stopped me from taking another round. I really don't like taking vaccines and I don't like being afraid. You aren't alone.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread Information