Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: cant sleep because of rabies worries, PLEASE REPLY

Re: cant sleep because of rabies worries, PLEASE REPLY

Hey guys, just thought I'd post on here again as its getting to the 3 week mark since my bat encounter. Seeing as symptoms normally start within 3 to 8 weeks I am going to be very on edge until around christmas at least and I need some more reassurance. My throat has still been having the random spasms and my temperature has been a little out of the normal range, but not by much. I have been experiencing very bad burning pain and pins and needles in my hands and sometimes feet for the past few days. I have been having double vision for a long time now, mostly at night as I start to get tired. Its not full on double vision, its mostly shadows on letters and small details. I have still been having nausea and feel constantly fatigued and off balance, but I have been getting my appetite back, which is nice.

But you have had these "symptoms" almost since day 1 now. You are really trapped in a bad circle of physical symptoms created in your brain by your own anxiety when in fact you could be helathy and fine by eliminating these damaging and destructive thoughts from your mind. It apperantly did not help to point out to you that rabies victims dies a few days after the symptoms appear; you go on a monht after WITH your presumbed "symptoms" and still fear that any day now you will get the "symptoms" that you allready have. Dont you see how illogical that thinking is? How twisted it actually is to think like that? I know because I have been there myself. Do you have any moment where you just relax and enjoy life instead of wasting it in belief in a one on two hundred millions disease that you do not have?
    Are you seeing a therapist now? I think by now that your hypocondria is becoming disabling. And dont get me wrong; I know how it is to have a potential death threath hanging over me; but you fail to see that the threat is not there.
    I dont know how much reasurance I can giive you than what I have allready said. I think by now the rest is up to the therapist. You have pshycosomatic pains; and yes; they manifest themselves like that when you allow fear to take total control of your life and this is the stage you are in now.
    I saw there was another American posting in the forum worrying about rabies infection the other day. About 2 Americans anually gets rabies in a population of 300 million. Beleieve me, you and that other posters ARE NOT those two.

PS! As for your burning pain; I have that too. I am also one who suffers from fear; although mine is cancer fear. So what you wrote gave me a hope that my burning pain is just caused by psychosomatic pain too.
    Last edited by paranoid-viking; 11-10-16 at 11:09.

Honestly, the only thing that worries me is how long the bat was flying around me and how much it was screeching. And what if I had felt a small pain or something during the incident and didn't realize.

I can't take this anymore I'm going insane. I have the worst headache of my life, random muscle twitches and buzzing sensations everywhere, tingling hands and feet, I found a little more blood in my nose, my eyes are so bloodshot all of a sudden they feel like they're on fire, I still have double vision and I am extremely exhausted confused and dizzy. There is no way of knowing whether or not the bat bit me or if it was rabid they won't give me the vaccine or any tests to put my mind at rest and I am so sick of living in fear that this virus will kill me at any moment. I think I'm just going to log off and wait to die.

I am officially abandoning this thread until the first of the new year. If I am still alive then, I will come back and post that my rabies worries are pretty much over. If not, assume its either still going on or I died.

But do you think that your rabies worries will be over at the first of the new year?
    Of course you will be alive then; well; you will not get rabies that`s for sure but there is no guarantee that you will not end up in a car crash or getting hit by a metorite or something.
    Seriously; are you talking to your family about your health anxiety? I think you should. HA is nothing to be asheamed of an you seriously need help now.
    I know I do due to the fear I have.
    You say that you can not sleep due to fear - that is why your eyes get red! hat is happening when you dont sleep and are stressing. Same with vision disorder.

I've lost my appetite again, I have a fever, my mouth is extremely dry and foamy and my throat is dry and tight and it hurts to breathe. I can't even go to the hospital for help because thanks to them I missed the window of safety I had to get the shots in time. All they can do to me if I have it is strap me to a bed and watch me die. I'll choose to stay at home and die with my fiance over that fate.

How is your finace coping?

He's not, he's insisting that I'm fine. I hope he misses me.

I am sure he will. How long have you been together?

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information