Thread: Ibs feel like period cramps?

Ibs feel like period cramps?

Hi everyone, just to clarify a bit more on a symptom I mentioned in a previous post, is it normal to have cramps that feel like period pains when you have IBS. I mean, sometimes I even wake up with them (like this morning). I'm terrified anew bc I saw in another post someone mention something about ovarian cancer. To be clear, I've had these pains on and off for a year. When I was in my happy place last year for a week (Disney world) they disappeared completely and returned when it was time to go home. So bit of a rambly post, but does anyone have any reassurance? Thanks

Re: Ibs feel like period cramps?

From what I've read abdominal pain is pretty common with IBS.

I've had the ovarian cancer fears as well...had a few pelvic ultrasounds as well as an abdominal ultrasound and everything is okay. Do you have a distended stomach? Any chances to your menstrual cycle? Back pain? Pain during sex?

I think abdominal pain is a pretty non-specific symptom. Again I know easier said than done but its likely not to be the problem! In my case, I have fibroids that cause me a bit of discomfort from time to time...they can cause all kinds of fun problems. So can ovarian cysts (benign)!

Re: Ibs feel like period cramps?

My first and main IBS flare up was a good few years ago now and I remember period cramping sensations, pain radiating round my back, mucus in stools and generally feeling rubbish. I didn't suffer much from HA at the time, I recall accepting the diagnosis, taking my tablets (mebervine) and getting on with things. Oh to feel like that again!!!

I was 24/25 so think I knew almost impossible to be BC at that age. Now I am 10 years older I think my brain thinks everything is now much likely!

Thread Information