Thread: downhill fast!

downhill fast!

Hi guys. Well it's fair to say I am without a doubt not great. Started on Monday after an eventful time at the dentist and just not come round. Rang doc today and she said go up to 40mg! I said I will go 30mg.. she said ok but give it 6 weeks at that dose at least.. So here goes again! Symptoms are... head tension, desperate need for deep breath, aching arms, exhaustion and damn right fed up!!!! Hope everyone else on the mend. Xx

Re: downhill fast!

Now you will have to cope with the side effects of increasing your dose, as well as everythingelse. What did she say about the trauma at the dentist.

I really feel for you.
    A year ago I went through hell. The first dentist did a root canal on the wrong tooth and it got really badly infected, the pain was so bad....the antibiotics made me so ill....Then they did the tooth that needed it and during the procedure, I think because of the local anaesthetic they used, plus all the stress....I just "flipped" and ended up in a mh clinic. It was the last straw for me I couldn't take anymore. Took weeks before I was over the physical problems and we could start trying to sort my head out.

please make sure you are taking the tooth extraction seriously , does it seem to be getting better.
    A shame your doctor wanted you to up the dose of the citalopram, you were doing so well on 20mg. I would have thought a few days of a benzodiazepine to calm you and give your body time to recuperate and rest was a better option....but who am I??
    have you got good painkillers? Rest, and look after yourself..
    take care
    Sxx

Hey thanks for reply. Tooth ok at the moment. Had no trouble with it today.. going to see how I go over weekend and go back if I need to on Monday. I must admit I am tempted to stick at the dose I was at. I had increased to 25mg and yes was doing well. I did try 30mg but didn't feel any better so went down to 25mg.. maybe that still too much and I should go back to 20mg.. I have started with a cold aswell so I guess it all happening at once. So frustrating but trying not to dwell too much but it is hard. Xx

OMG you've started a cold, that's all you need, it never rains but it pours etc.etc.
    Is it time for a few extra vitamins, don't let yourself get run down.
    If you are feeling a bit better maybe think about waiting before you up your dose, stick to the 25mg. give yourself a bit of time to recover from the blips. It is true it takes time to really settle down, I'm giving 20mgs. 3 months, I came to the conclusion that swapping and changing doesn't help things in the long run.
    I hope you manage this weekend,
    take care
    Sxx

Hi Polly,

You've had a lot of stressful things at the one time so undoubtedly that'll affect how you feel. After my 6 dosage changes in too short a time frame I can't stress enough to stick with a dose for a good 4-6 weeks to see how it works out for you unless the side effects are truly intolerable. I honestly believe I wouldn't be having to do a med change and have got to my lowest point if it wasn't for all these changes.

Like you I have caught a cold, have a sore tooth all at the same time as doing a cross taper with my meds! The fun never ends.

Best of luck with it all x

Aww ty. Yeah I'm going to stick with it and hope it sorts itself out. Thanks guys.

Thread Information