Thread: Which medication would you recommend for social anxiety ?

Which medication would you recommend for social anxiety ?

Hello

I have really bad anxiety/social anxiety. I'm in my 3rd year of uni and I'm panicking about group work, my hands tremble and sweat, I blush and I'm just a bit awkward to be with

The doc gave me sertraline before but I didn't enjoy the side effect of not being able to get a boner! But they did make me calmer and life was easier. I'm looking for something similar, I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday and I want something like sertraline that doesn't have the slack penis side effect

Hope you guys can help

Re: Which medication would you recommend for social anxiety ?

Quote Originally Posted by dilladowg View Post
    Hello

I have really bad anxiety/social anxiety. I'm in my 3rd year of uni and I'm panicking about group work, my hands tremble and sweat, I blush and I'm just a bit awkward to be with

The doc gave me sertraline before but I didn't enjoy the side effect of not being able to get a boner! But they did make me calmer and life was easier. I'm looking for something similar, I'm going to the doctor on Tuesday and I want something like sertraline that doesn't have the slack penis side effect

Hope you guys can help
    Hi

I have bad anxiety and I was on propranolol which is a beta blocker which helped with the physical side effects of anxiety like shaking hands, feeling sick and so forth. It never helped me with the mental side of anxiety though, so I still got the nasty anxious thoughts but the propranolol did help me a lot at the time. With medication's like sertraline the side effects for the first few weeks can sometimes be horrible and there may be times when you feel worse before you get better. You have to give medications like sertraline a good 4 weeks + for them to work. However your GP will know best what medication to put you on.

Thread Information