Thread: Fear of ALS or Anxiety?

Fear of ALS or Anxiety?

So i started Summer school around 3 years ago and really never workes out or did anything active i mostly Was inside all the time on the computer playing games with friends ETC. But fast forward three years and i have a massive breakdown landed in the ER with probably the biggest panic attack i have ever had that left me broken and Scared. Fast forward another couple days and now im absolutely terrified that i have ALS,i am fatigued almost all the time, i feel Super Weak on really only one side of my body,its hard to swallow and feels like theres some thing in the back of my throat, im trembling constantly i have shooting pain in my fingers, my Toes Constantly feel like there vibrating very lightly and my muscles look a lot weaker and smaller on the left side, i feel clumsy it feels awkward to walk and so forth and my lower back and neck are hurting(they have been for a very long time and maby its because of how i sleep?) and i slouch when ever i stand or sit. im just down right scared that i have some terrible disease thats going to slowly kill me. ive been to the doctor a couple times and he says its just really bad anxiety but its just crazy can Anxiety make me feel all those symptoms part of me wants to beleave that this is all anxiety and poor exercise/eating thats doing this to me and the other part is insanely scared that im going to die from some terrible disease.

Re: Fear of ALS or Anxiety?

I'd say all of the above can be caused by anxiety.

Sorry to hear you feel so awful. Check out my latest post for my current symptoms! I have had shooting pains and definately trembling and weakness, these are very troubling symptoms, but if the doc says it is very bad anxiety, they do see people with the real diseases so they will know the difference. It's hard for us to believe anxiety can cause all this but it somehow can!
    The thing about it being one sided for you may well be because you know that is a symptom of als, I think a lot of people on here have had those sorts of symptoms.

ALS, especially in young people, and when it's not in your family, is such a rare disease it shouldn't be on any of our radars as something to worry about. Stop Googling the symptoms, it sounds like you're manifesting what you think the symptoms mean rather than what they really are. If doctors had even an inkling you had a serious disease they would refer you for tests. They know the differences between anxiety and serious illness. Trust them, and try and get some help for your anxiety if it persists.

dude you have not got a single symptom of ALS not a single one. So advice drop it, it is seriosuly not worth worrying about it. If however you stop being able to button your jeans or your foot stops working then you should go to your doctor. if you went to your doctor at the moment and mentioned ALS they would literally burst out laughing

Thread Information