Thread: Does time of day matter for SSRIs?

Does time of day matter for SSRIs?

I currently am taking Lexapro, which I take at night because it tends to make me sleepy. I was taking clonazepam at night too but my psych suggested I switch to the morning as it may help me more that way.

Okay, here's where the question may seem silly: I'm asking in reference to my dog.

My dog is currently on Prozac and takes it at night simply because that's when I take mine. It seems to have helped him some, but I was wondering if it would have even more benefit if he took it in the morning. Does it matter? I know benzos can wear out of your system but do SSRIs work that way?
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Re: Does time of day matter for SSRIs?

Well I've never had my dog take Prozac but I'd guess it'd be much the same as humans. I take my meds at night as they make me tired so unless he's affected during the day I'd stick with it at night. Ssri's aren't like benzos in that they clear out the system that quickly, plus Prozac has a long half life so will remain in the body longer. If in doubt call the vet x

Thread Information