Thread: paroxetine

paroxetine

Did anybody get stomach upset from paroxetine ?

Re: paroxetine

I took Paroxetine for 8 months from 2013/2014 and didn't get any stomach issues whatsoever not even in the beginning.

Ok thank you very much.

Took it this morning no problems.

I have noticed an increase in my anxiety but I dont know if it is from the med.

It's very likely, Beth, SSRI's have a load of possible side effects and you usually find plenty of anxiety type ones on the lists.

It also takes a certain amount of time to build up in your blood plasma so that it's delivering a steady daily dose, known as "steady-state". This med has a half life of 21 hours. If you multiply that by 5 you get the time for it to reach steady-state. This is a standard pharmacokinetic calculation for all drugs and it can differ per drug e.g. Ven takes longer than 5x, Cit & Sert conform to the standard rule, etc. Plus it's also based on the individual so it varies due to liver, renal, etc.

You may find side effects build as the dose gets closer to steady-state or you may be up & down and then see them more consistent for a while until your body adapts. It's always so individual to ever tell. But if you start experiencing new symptoms through the first 4-6 weeks, it's very likely to be due to the med and they will go.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's very likely, Beth, SSRI's have a load of possible side effects and you usually find plenty of anxiety type ones on the lists.

It also takes a certain amount of time to build up in your blood plasma so that it's delivering a steady daily dose, known as "steady-state". This med has a half life of 21 hours. If you multiply that by 5 you get the time for it to reach steady-state. This is a standard pharmacokinetic calculation for all drugs and it can differ per drug e.g. Ven takes longer than 5x, Cit & Sert conform to the standard rule, etc. Plus it's also based on the individual so it varies due to liver, renal, etc.

You may find side effects build as the dose gets closer to steady-state or you may be up & down and then see them more consistent for a while until your body adapts. It's always so individual to ever tell. But if you start experiencing new symptoms through the first 4-6 weeks, it's very likely to be due to the med and they will go.
    Thanks you for all your help. Dont know if I can take the increase in anxiety much longer, its bad already.

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

Actually called my dr she told me to stop taking the paroxetine, I see her on Thursday. She said if the depression and the anxiety get worse to ER.
    Last edited by dale12345; 30-09-16 at 18:03.

Thread Information