Thread: Heart Attack?!

Heart Attack?!

To cut a long story very short, I was going to be kept in hospital for very high blood pressure (180/122)on 14th after going with visual issues and after having a clear head ct scan.

I have been taking Losartan 50mg since then but starting Tuesday 20th, I have a tight sore chest with burning sensations right in the centre, shortness of breath, heavy feeling and have had clammy/sweaty periods as well as facial flushing.

I called 111 last night and they sent an ambulance but was tested with an ecg at home and told it was normal, I had also had the clear ecg and blood test at hospital on the 14th.

Not sure what to do as I have this constant chest stuff right now which appears to get worse by the day

Re: Heart Attack?!

All the symptoms you describe can be attributed to anxiety, especially if you have IBS and acid reflux. Indeed, acid reflux can be extremely painful, right in the middle of the chest. I know this only too well.

You've had tests that suggest your heart is fine. If you'd had a heart attack, or they suspected one, you wouldn't have been told everything was fine.

I went to the hospital once with acid reflux and panic thought I was having a heart attack. i was fine, and so are you I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    All the symptoms you describe can be attributed to anxiety, especially if you have IBS and acid reflux. Indeed, acid reflux can be extremely painful, right in the middle of the chest. I know this only too well.

You've had tests that suggest your heart is fine. If you'd had a heart attack, or they suspected one, you wouldn't have been told everything was fine.
    Hi. Do you have a comment to my latest thread; about sudden burning in middle stomach?

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid-viking View Post
    Hi. Do you have a comment to my latest thread; about sudden burning in middle stomach?
    With respect, this is somebody else's thread. Looking at yours, there's nothing I can add beyond what's been said already. You've had really good advice.

Thread Information