Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really Vivid Dreams

Really Vivid Dreams

It seems like ever since I started having problems with anxiety, I have really strange dreams, every night. Sometimes lots of them in one single night. I can remember all of them clearly, and it bothers me. It feels like I'm not getting a good sleep because my mind is still busy even in that state. Does this happen with anxiety? Could this be the reason I feel so tired all day, because it's preventing me from getting good sleep? What can I do about it?

Smile Re: Really Vivid Dreams

Hello Iheartray!

Anxiety is famed for putting your mind into overdrive, especially at night! I am 'blessed' (?) with quite an imagination and have always had unusual dreams. These were intensified when I first became ill but have settled back almost to what I consider 'normal' for me now, unless there is something specific on my mind.

When my children were small and woke with a nightmare, I use to say "don't worry, it's only your brain trying to sort all the rubbish out for the bin-men!"

Try and relax as much as you can before bedtime. Take a warm bath, watch something simple and uncomplicated on the tv, listen to some soothing music, read a book (avoid horror stories etc.!) dim the lights. Actually prepare your mind for sleep as you would prepare your body i.e. bath, brush your teeth, comb your hair. Sounds easier said than done but, on the odd occassion when I practice what I preach, it works for me!

Take care

Re: Really Vivid Dreams

Oh yes - I did the vivid dreams and they contiuned for a while when I began on the medication.

I used to be knackered in a morning due to the night-time events!.And I get confused between what happened in a dream and in reality. Try not to worry about it too much. These will ease when you start to lessen the anxiety - it is a sign of your state of mind.
    Hugs.

I know exactly what you mean Iheartray. I get very very vivid dreams, sometimes to the point of confusion as to whether any of it happened. And the more vivid the dreams I have, the more sleepy I am the next day. Sometimes I fear going to sleep because of them. I haven't had a nights sleep for a long time without dreaming! Its a slight annoyence.

Yep I get them too

Hard to switch off at night isn't it?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Ah. You guys have put my mind at ease once again! I always feel so crazy because of all of the different symptoms that come with anxiety, and it's such a relief to come here and meet people who feel the same way.

Ehem! You saying we is all crazy Iheartray ??LOL !!

Hehe. That might have come out wrong. The people here actually help to assure me that i'm NOT as crazy as I think I am. Although I think everybody in the world is a bit crazy, just in different ways!

Well last night I was Luke Skywalker fighting Darth Vader on my landing with a light sabre made of a glow stick lol!

Haha! Yep I agree Iheartray, little bit crazy is good! stops the boredom setting in!!

Hi 'Luke' - all sounds very exciting! Nite before last GG was back in school sitting a Physics exam.............and didn't know any of the answers!

No change there then - flunked Physics in 1970 and I'm still doing it in my dreams .....d'you think if I keep on dreaming it I might eventually pass??

Take care!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information