This is a really helpful thread. Not sure if people still look at it but I saved it to my home screen on my phone. I like to read it for reassurance when I am having symptoms of my own.

It’s very frustrating this IBS/Anxiety vicious cycle that we are in. I have had these symptoms for at least 8-10 years now but every time it comes back I get just as nervous and think something is wrong. Right now I am in the midst of a 6 week bout. First it started as just Constipation. Some pains in stomach. Post nasal dripish/lump in throat feeling; almost like it’s allergies or GERD. (Could the 2 be related..?). Very gassy and bloated at night. I haven’t had a regular bowel movement in at least a month I think and I’m begging for one!! Neither soft coming out. Or none at all and people like. Orrrr diarrhea but not explosive. Just a bit. Today the cramps and stomach pains were bad, especially this morning and every time I went to the bathroom it was loose and SMELLY!! I guess I’m also here looking for Some reassurance.

Do these things happen to anyone else?

When this goes on for so long how do we not all go and get Colonoscopies?! I

went and saw a great GI dr and he told me he could feel the anxiety ooooosing off me. But I can’t help but wonder to myself. What would I feel like if I had colon cancer or something terribly wrong? Would it be worse? Wouldn’t it have gotten worse over the years? Wouldn’t I have lost weight? Could these horrible symptoms just be IBS and anxiety over my health.

As you can see. I’m almost rational enough to realize what’s wrong but my health anxiety always made me second guess myself. I
Plan on making an appt with a therapist actually to talk about it. But until then I left to wonder what the hell ia going on.

If anyone still reads this post and can help me with some answers or thoughts I truly would appreciate it!!