Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: For everyone worrying about their IBS symptoms

Re: For everyone worrying about their IBS symptoms

Thank you for posting this thread, it's reassuring to see so many of my symptoms listed. I'm currently awaiting a call from NHS 111 (I did their online this and it said they need to ring me) so we'll see where that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahblonde32 View Post
    Ooh hello fellow sufferers of anxiety and IBS! My anxiety has hit a high recently, not everyday, but weekly, and of course my ibs flares up. I have been pooping frequently and i have a discomfort afterwards, lasts most of the day. I have been taking peppermint tablets and aloe vera juice. Nothing really wrong with my poop just this ache. And my belly gurgles and grumbles!!
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Not sure if you will see this as these posts were written a while ago. Of course I am going through some health anxiety now with my IBS. Your post stuck our because of what I am feeling recently that has worried me. After I have gone to the bathroom it’s been an achy feeling in my rectum area and also sometimes in my lower stomach almost where they bladder would be. Then as those things are there after I go I’m very gassy and passing gas often. I’m curious, Is this what you were feeling?

I’m curious. I did a colonoscopy about 18 months ago and they found nothing. I remember reading somewhere that it takes a while for cancer to form in the colon. Is that the case? Can I feel rest assured that colon or bowel cancer couldn’t form in that short of a time frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott4582 View Post
    I’m curious. I did a colonoscopy about 18 months ago and they found nothing. I remember reading somewhere that it takes a while for cancer to form in the colon. Is that the case? Can I feel rest assured that colon or bowel cancer couldn’t form in that short of a time frame?
    How are you Scott? I recently had a colonoscopy 2 years ago. 1 non cancerous polyp was found, a d internal hemorrhoids. I took a fecal Occult Test few weeks ago,it came out positive for traces of blood. Spoke with Dr. He scheduled me for another colonoscopy next month. He said he doesn't think it's anything but hemorrhoids or something minor. But said he has to check just in case. But I was also told that it does take a while to turn into cc. Hopefully mine is just the hemorrhoids acting up.

Welph I was doing just fine no IBS issues for a month and a half. Last night I had a flare up tummy pain like crazy right side spreading to middle of tummy, feels like bad hunger pains, tummy tender and also burping, laying here with a hot water bottle waiting for the pains to pass, also had loose stool for most of the day yesterday and hard to go today, yay IBS (not fun at all)

I wrote the original post almost seven years ago and STILL I'm going through the same thing. Reading it has calmed me down a bit so it's always good to go back through your old posts and remind yourself that this has happened before again and again!
    It seems our minds collect old habits. Just one symptom and boom that habit of
    anxiety kicks in and produces the same old cycle of panic and symptoms. Why doesn't the mind also remember that those symptoms disappeared with no weird illnesses being diagnosed ever? It's always "well, maybe this time it's something different, something bad"
    How to re-train the mind, that is the question 🤔

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information