Thread: I'm feeling rotten

I'm feeling rotten

Why has this happened to me? I've been doing so well and really thought I'd cracked this thing and was finally getting better. Now it feels like I'm right back to square one - anxious, jittery, can't sleep, no appetite, sweating, racing thoughts, the list is endless.

I'm supposed to be going on holiday in 2 weeks and I wonder if that is what's causing the increased anxiety and return of symptoms? I really really want to go, I can't possibly let everyone down again (had to cancel my last holiday in May)

I'm really upset about this, is it just a blip? Been on Cit 6 months now - 3 months @ 10mg and 3 months @ 20mg.

Re: I'm feeling rotten

Hi Mojo! I am on a weeks holiday with my family as we speak. I was extremely anxious about it before we left (I had booked and paid for it back in January before I got sick again). I had said to my partner numerous times I wanted to cancel it and then I wouldn't think about going because it made me anxious. I only packed the day we left. I was anxious on the drive, but as soon as we arrived I was fine and think it has actually been really good to relax and be away from everything. Now I am anxious about going back home hehe. I wish you all the best with whatever decision you make. It can be a really good distraction, so maybe worth giving the holiday a chance?

Mojo, I had this and still do when approaching a holiday.
    It is your anxiety and sub-conscious mind trying to mess with your head.
    Your mind will be relating to the last time you tried to get away and the run up to the day can be quite nerving. I ended up packing on the day too. Either that, or pack well beforehand and forget about it and stick the suitcase in a corner.
    If you WANT to go, that's half the battle. The 'Wanting' is the key to pushing through and doing something.
    Re-word your feelings to having holiday jitters, it help you to understand why you are feeling like this and obviously your adrenalin flow will be up creating it's own thing, so maybe even say to yourself that you are a little excited and that's why you feel the way you do.
    In all the times I did go away, I was fine when I got there and really pleased I went. x

Another thing I found useful Mojo was trying not to think about things in the future (which is really hard to do). My psych has told me to concentrate on what is happening here and now. Enjoy the television show you are watching or even just doing chores. I have a psych appointment on Friday when I get back and I know he is going to change my medication (because I couldn't tolerate the Effexor). I started googling medications and their side effects. Then I thought, No. Stop. Don't get caught up in what 'might' happen and make yourself anxious for no reason. So I stopped googling and have decided not to think about it again until I am there, because who knows what will happen. Maybe try taking the same steps with the holiday. Try not to over think it too much. Just know that your going and forget the 'what ifs'. I am sorry if I am over simplifying the situation and know that when anxiety is at its worst that it is very difficult to not over think things. Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo61 View Post
    Why has this happened to me? I've been doing so well and really thought I'd cracked this thing and was finally getting better. Now it feels like I'm right back to square one - anxious, jittery, can't sleep, no appetite, sweating, racing thoughts, the list is endless.

I'm supposed to be going on holiday in 2 weeks and I wonder if that is what's causing the increased anxiety and return of symptoms? I really really want to go, I can't possibly let everyone down again (had to cancel my last holiday in May)

I'm really upset about this, is it just a blip? Been on Cit 6 months now - 3 months @ 10mg and 3 months @ 20mg.
    Hi,
    All good advice, so I won't add my bit. If the anxiety/nausea gets too bad maybe ask your doctor for something to get you through this patch...I don't do suffer in silence anymore, too old.
    take care
    Sxx

Hello i guess everyone is saying the right thing. I also felt dreadful leading up to my holiday yet when i was there i was anxiety free.. i hope you managed to go..x

I am sorry you feel this way I hope you feel better very soon, I know how much anxiety can totally consume you.

Thanks so much everyone for your answers. Yes, I really do want to go and I'm
    Not even sure if it is the holiday that's caused my blip. I volunteer 2 days a week at Age UK, but for the past 2 weeks I've been doing extra days and whilst I'm there I completely forget about my anxiety because I'm too busy. Well this week I'm not needed until tomorrow so I've had a full 5 days stuck at home with nobody to talk to and nothing to do, that's when the anxious thoughts started creeping back in. And then one morning I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep and my mind was whirring round thinking "it's come back, it's come back!" that set off a cascade of symptoms and it's been like it ever since. It will be interesting to see how I feel tomorrow when I'm back in the centre. Just trying to ride this out at the moment and take each day as it comes.

Hi Mojo, sounds like too much time on your hands is a bit of a trigger? Sorry you are still having issues. Not fun is it? I hope you manage to go and enjoy your holiday
    xx

Thread Information