Thread: Lump in lower left abdomen - stool or intestines?

Lump in lower left abdomen - stool or intestines?

Hi all!

I am, like most of you, often panicked about my health and I check myself for lumps and such more often than is healthy. For the record, I've had normal physicals and pelvic exams for years (the last one was a month ago) and I had an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound in May that came up clear.

However, If I press down quite hard into my lower left abdomen and kind of "dig in" with my fingers, I encounter a small, squishy lump. It feels tubular, and long. Sometimes it seems more prominent, sometimes I can't find it, sometimes it's small.

Obviously I completely panicked and made an appt with my doctor.

Is this likely stool? Am I feeling my intestines? Should I not be poking around so much??

Thank you for your help!

Re: Lump in lower left abdomen - stool or intestines?

Hello

I'm going through the exact same thing as you right now and with all the prodding and poking I've been doing I'm now constantly getting a painful sensation in that region making me think that there's something sinister going on in there Its kinda weird. I don't know what it is maybe its just a backLOG. If I can remember correctly when poop runs along the right hand side of the intestines its still mainly fluid after leaving the stomach than as it moves around the intestines where all the nutrients and minerals are absorbed it starts to solidify as it reaches the last part of the instestines it is than ready for evacuation that is why it tends to feel harder on the left side rather than the right side when poking around. I wouldn't worry too much about it its a natural process.

Had to pop in an say hello to (I assume?) a fellow Kansan!

Also, I get the exact same thing. It comes and goes and I honestly do think that it's just stool because I first started worrying about it like 4 years ago and I'm still here and healthy

Anyhow, let us know what the doc says!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

I have had this before. I still do actually. It is stool. That is a common Ibs spot because the intestines curl in that spot. Make sure you eat enough fiber and drink lots of water. If your constipated try a miralax or mild laxative.

I've been convinced I had lumps in my abdomen before my partner even pointed a lump of 'gristle' out which scared me to death. The GP told me it was my bowels ha.

Thread Information