Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For pulisa x.

Re: For pulisa x.

I'm sending huge hugs to you Pulisa. I'm sorry i haven't caught with you over the fast few days with my op but I am thinking of you and I would really like to know how you are getting on when you feel up to it.

You are a lovely, kind, patient and very brave lady from everything I have read on NMP and from our interaction.

You are in my thoughts xx

I must go back and read the threads.

Pulisa. I hope all turns out alright for you and sending you bigxxx

Hi pulisa , hope things are going ok or as OK as they can be , mri's arnt to bad if you haven't had one before , had one earlier this year just noisy , big noisy donut , they give you a panic button to hold you just queez if you want out but you're tough you will be ok , it never rains but it sodding well pours eh , take care .oh yeah you can take an MP3 in as well

Thank you all so much! I haven't meant to be "mysterious"-just that my problem has been a bit embarrassing as I've had bad continuous rectal pain for over 3 months now which isn't piles or fissure related. I know that "anxiety" will be brought into the equation eventually but it just seems so weird and is certainly not on the "list" of physical symptoms. I'm not on any psych meds so the anxiety discussion hasn't arisen yet-I'm just waiting for it though..

I'm claustrophobic but will just have to lump it with the mri.

Thank you all again xxx

Aw Pulisa. My dad had to have an MRI on his prostate a couple of years ago and out of all the unpleasant exploratory things the poor bloke had that was what was the worst because of claustrophobia. But he was fine. Also he was told to expect 40 mins and it was actually no more than 25 mins in the end so that was a bonus. He had cancer but it hadn't spread and was slow moving. Successfully treated, he's fine now.

How long is your MRI going to be?

I've no idea, LMA. The consultant just said that he wanted me to have a pelvic mri to get a different view of things. I'll just have to shut my eyes and deal with it-and remember to keep still! xx

If you don't mind me asking, why are you reluctant to tell them about anxiety? The brain can cause untold havoc on the body under stress. Look at alopecia, that's a hell of a drastic stress reaction. It might help them to rule out more sinister things (I know you've said you have HA). As much as we don't trust doctors they are pretty smart people and have seen it all before. Xxx

A doctor in the past told me never to mention that I had anxiety because there is a tendency to blame symptoms on anxiety if there is a known diagnosis. She told me to let them eliminate all the physical stuff first.

Hi , my mum had a full mri that was about 40 mins , mine only covered my middle and lower back I don't think I was in for even 20 mins ok it felt a lot longer , I was told take a diazepam half an hour before but they were running late so I waited an hour and a half to go in by then the diazepam was wareing off and I'd got in a state , tell them you suffer with anxiety and they won't keep you hanging on , they talk to you though a speaker while you're in and ask if you're ok .

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information