Thread: Swollen lymph node been referred to a haematologist

Swollen lymph node been referred to a haematologist

This is my first ever time posting here so forgive me if there is a similar post I just couldn't find anything

I've had a lump in my groin for years now and I suffer extremely bad health anxiety and I forgot all about this lump until a few weeks ago m doctor sent me for an ultrasound and the radiologist said everything looked fine she went and checked with the person in charge who overlooks every single ultrasound and scan and he said he was not at all worried and I could go home I went to my doctor a couple of days later and she said she wants me to go see a haematologist for them to look at it
    All my blood tests have always been normal I'm absolutely petrified it's something serious and I have made myself sick with worry my doctor rang me after I left and said it's more than likely because I suffer from really bad eczema and sinus and have bad allergies that I've had this lymph node go up and not go down again

Re: Swollen lymph node been referred to a haematologist

It's very common for some lymph nodes to remain larger than others. I have a few in my neck that feel like hard beans under the skin, which I suspect were the result of a very bad dental infection I had a few years back.

Thread Information