Thread: Scared of losing my sight..

Scared of losing my sight..

Hi all.

Over the last week I've been having a lot of problems with my vision. I've recently upped my dose of Escitalopram from 5 to 15mg (as per docs advice) and since then I've had a lot of difficulty focusing my vision, particularly on people and faces. I've become very tired and now it seems that everything seems darker than usual. I'm totally freaking out that I'm going to lose my vision or these changes will be permanent. I've had my eyes checked out so I know they're not an issue, but still I worry. As anyone else noticed changes to their vision like this from increasing medication dose? Did it last long?

Thanks .

Re: Scared of losing my sight..

Hey, has your vision changed since the consumption of Escitalopram ? IF yes, most probably it is just changes to your body system that has it's slight side effects on your eye. Have you taken Escitalopram before and noticed side effects ?

I've been on it for about 6 years but was on 5mg for around the last year as I was trying to come off it. I had a turn for the worse and my doc upped me to 15mg almost straight away and that's when I noticed my vision problem. I don't remember having this before but I was wondering if it's just my body trying to get used to the higher dose.

It's impossible for anyone here to tell you what's going on, but visual disturbances are common in anxiety, with or without medication. It could even be migraine aura (you don't have to be in pain).

I went through severe visual symptoms. I got my eyes tested, received a clean bill of health and stopped worrying. The symptoms went away.

Thread Information