Thread: Strange Slow Heartbeat Suddenly

Strange Slow Heartbeat Suddenly

I am new here and have suffered with anxiety over the years since I was young off and on. Sometimes it seems to go away and sometimes it is ever present. I have had many episodes of fast heart beat and had to go to the ER where they have done many many test.

I Have had ekg's ,ecg's ct scans ,mri's ,nuclear stress test, and chest xrays and lots of blood work. Other than having a little high blood pressure and skipping heart beat my doctors have usually told me that I suffer from stress.

I am normally use to a faster heart beat and it taking off at any time any place and racing up to 150 or more sometimes it goes to 135 or so and then comes back down after an hour or so. Lately when I get up and walk across the room it will go to 105 to 110 or have a bowel movement it does that to sometimes it goes to 125 and skips.

I have been monitored and the doctors say that my heart is sound and no problems and also my arteries are clean and everything has been looked at and they have found no problems.

I have been having problems with my stomach lately. It seems no matter what I eat my stomach hurts and I will use the bathroom at least 5 times a day sometimes very bad runny bowels "sorry" and sometimes just solid .

It seems everything I eat does this to me. Last evening I was at home and had eaten some baked fish and wild rice and green beans ,and I ate a small piece of banana bread fresh cooked.

My stomach started hurting badly and I tried to go to the bathroom and barely could use the bathroom it hurt and hurt and hurt . Finally I took some pepto bismol and it made me feel bad going down. After a little while it quit but I had used the bathroom at least 5 times with various results.

I started noticing my pulse which is always in the mid 80's to mid 70's after eating going down into the 60's and staying there ... It did this all night and finally as I drifted to sleep it was 57 and staying there.

I felt funny as if I could not breathe but I have a pulseomieter that tells you your pulse and your oxygen and it said my oxygen was 95 and my pulse was staying around 57 .It would not go up no matter what I did and my heartbeat looked funny. I went to sleep an woke this morning and took my pulse and oxygen and it was about what it normally is about 77 and oxygen about 95 and I took my blood pressure med and some prilosec and later my diazapam.

During the day my pulse was about like it usually is and it started dropping some later in the day and now right now is 66 which is weird. But there is one difference the outside was around 100 degrees for weeks and in the 90's now it is in the 80's and it seems to be getting cooler than it usually is. Would that cause your pulse to drop down and stay lower if you are colder than normal? I also feel feverish but have no fever and just don't feel well.

I am just wondering why my pulse would be so low and it has skipped a few times usually when I have to go to the bathroom but not to many other times but it worries me it is so low..in the 60's instead of 70's or 80's should I be worried or can anxiety do this? Thank you .

Re: Strange Slow Heartbeat Suddenly

You might be suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. IBS is common in people who suffer from stress.

I'd add that it seems to me that stomach behaviour can affect heart behaviour.

I've noticed a nervous or irritated stomach together with higher heart rates and a sluggish stomach and lower heart rates (including a "drained" feeling like you have no energy and struggle to breathe a bit). It makes sense that the heart isn't working so hard if the stomach is kind of "switched off".

So, in short, I think it's just stress and stomach issues combining, like I think it does for me.

Also, in my experience, the heart will beat faster when there are higher temperatures.

Thread Information