Thread: Taper

Taper

Has anyone been very emotional when tapering off diazepam? I was only on 5mg at night for two months, then 3 weeks ago under doctors advice took half a tablet for 2 weeks, then last week took half and a quarter tablet on alternate nights and this week just a quarter each night. For the past 2 days I've been very emotional and crying. Has anyone experienced this? I suffer with anxiety so I may be doing this to myself. No scary horror stories please. I must add I'm on fluoxetine which I have been doing great on up until now so may also just be a blip.

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

I'm sat here sobbing my heart out because everything was going so well

Re: Taper

Hi Emmarolo...I have never cut down on diazepam, I have from sertraline though and my moods were all over the place. Lots of crying. You are doing great, it might just take your body a week or so to adjust to the change. I wouldn't be worried about it. I don't think it is a blip, but you brain adjusting to the change. You will be back to how you were in no time. xx

ive read every horror story under the sun about benzos.

personally 5mg a day isnt a great deal for 2 months.

I was really worried about withdrawals so I asked my psychiatrist and he said "oh you'll know if you're in withdrawal". since youre likely to imagine the symptoms I wont be any more specific.

dont rush your taper too much or rebound anxiety mighy be uncomfortable. good luck!

Thanks for your replies guys. I went to see a different doctor yesterday and he believes I am experiencing withdrawal. So he's tapering me even slower now (no increase but making my decrease slower). Wish I had never started these things

Thread Information