Thread: Bowel Cancer fears, very sparse symptoms.

Bowel Cancer fears, very sparse symptoms.

Hey I'm 27, male and overweight but exercising and losing weight.

So about three years ago, I went to the doctor because I went to the bathroom and all that came out was blood. (later thought it might have just been food coloring along with other vitamins causing orangish liquid diarhea.)

They did a rectal exam, found nothing, told me it was probably nothing (I was 24 at the time) But that was the start of my health anxiety. A few weeks later started having bad acid reflux went back to the doctor got on nexium which messed up my bowels. started having loose stools everyday.

Thought a couple more times I had blood with my stools, went back they did another rectal exam, then had me take home a FOBT which were all negative. Told me I needed to see a therapist (hint: I didn't)

About 4 months later I went off nexium, reflux was gone, but started having 2-3 bms a day for 3 weeks, then would be normal for a couple weeks then three more weeks of loose stools. During this time I started occasionally getting some blood when I wiped. It would last a couple days then disappear for weeks or over a month. My wife and family told assured me the doctors were right and I probably just had hemmorhoids.

The loose stools/multiple bms stopped and am now regular, the blood stopped when wiping for about six months, came back when I was stressed. Again just for a couple days then disappearing for month or more. This happened for a while, then it went away for months again. It seemed to have had gone away for good when I started wiping with flushable wipes instead of TP.

But now, it's been over 5 months since the last time, I was exercising, had been walking for about an hour and a half with some jogging, felt some irritation around my anus and after exercising I went and wiped and found blood. Just on the first wipe then nothing. Had another BM and no blood. But I'm terrified that I'm just banking on an old doctors diagnosis, and while it follows the pattern of hemmorhoids what if I'm wrong?

thanks, I know this was long.

Re: Bowel Cancer fears, very sparse symptoms.

The skin in the anal area can be sensitive. You're exercising, sweating (yes, even down there you have sweat glands!) and any type of friction, clothing rubbing, butt cheeks rubbing, can cause that skin to get sore very easily and bleed.

Simple explanation and nothing to stress about x

Thread Information