Thread: Mirt increase causing deep depression

Mirt increase causing deep depression

Hi,
    I have recently been diagnosed with MDD and GAD and I was prescribed 15mg Mirt, I took these for 2 weeks and other than knocking me out for days they didn't do much so me and doctor agreed to increase to 30mg as more 'activating'.. Well I'm on day 5 of increase and it has seemed to make my depression worse - literally cannot function? Should I give it More time? I'm due an appointment with my psych on Nov 7th? Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Mirt increase causing deep depression

Hi Benjamin

Well I can't really help you, but I haven't found mirt at 15mg any good at all for social anxiety. I was ok energy wise, I didn't put on weight and I was 99% fine at home. However really anything social was still a terrible struggle, and I developed many 'mental blocks' about doing very easy things, all revolving nausea which is my main symptom.

I stuck it for 7 months before deciding there was no point, I weaned very quickly and am in my fourth week off it and I'm struggling badly with my stomach, really hoping it will settle soon.

However if 15mg is really knocking you out you might find 30mg better, the lower doses are more sedating.

Good luck, it's an awful thing to have.

Thread Information