Thread: Poor kitty knocked down

Poor kitty knocked down

Tonight me and my dad had the unfortunate experience of finding a poor cat that had just been knocked down by a car. My dad moved it off from the road to the pavement and the guy that hit it stopped and came to help us find out who's cat it was. Another lady stopped in her car and the neighbour that we were all outside came to help too. We managed to get the cat arranged to go to the vet, the guy that knocked it down was taking it across.. But it was just so sad.

The cat wasn't visibly hurt and it was moving very slightly, so I am holding on to the thought that it may possibly survive. I felt it and thought I could feel some sort of pulse, but I don't know. I feel so bad for the owners who will have to find out, but I guess that is a risk you take getting a cat.

It has affected me quite a lot, I get very emotional over things like this! I also managed to knock down a little bird on my way home from work, so it's not been a good day for animals!

At the very least, the cat had its last moments cared for and made safe. We made sure of that.

Re: Poor kitty knocked down

You did a good thing for someone.

I would like to think that someone looked out for my cat if she was injured so well done.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I feel for you Sunflower. My daughter lost a beloved family cat last year in this way, hit by a car just outside her own house. Her boys, my grandsons, were devastated as she had been part of the family since they were small. It happened when everyone was at work and at school, but her neighbour who'd witnessed the accident (the car didn't stop) took the cat into her house until my daughter came home.

As Nicola said, you did a good thing for the owner of that poor cat....bless you muchly.

Take care
    ISB x

Aw, well done, Kimberley!

Things like that upset me too. You did what you knew was right and poor kitty has the best chance of recovery for it. Hopefully he/she is chipped and will be reunited with the family soon.

I found one a couple of years ago that had been run over. I was walking up to my house and saw cars stopping and taking a wide berth around something in the road. () and a poor cat couldn't move one of his back legs and there was liquid everywhere but I couldn't see any blood. We got him to the vets, our vet is one of the emergency clinics. Other people in there came over to fuss the cat too. We rang back a few days later and they said they fixed his leg and found his owner and he was doing fine. I don't think he was happy with the dog blanket we wrapped him in though!

So, there's a very good chance he will be fine too.

It's bound to upset you when you are a caring person. If you have pets I bet it's like if you have kids, you just worry with them being so innocent.

I don't know how cat owners deal with it. My GF's family always have 2-3 cats and they've lost a couple to accidents. On my night walks I have seen the odd dead cat and wondered how the owners feel not knowing but what can you do? I guess it's part of being a cat owner...that's why we have a dog!

Aw thanks everyone, I was just doing what was the right thing to do! I can't imagine how anyone could leave an animal that needs help!

Sadly, I called the vets and the cat passed away. The good thing is that they managed to contact the owners who will collect it. Just one of these things I suppose!

Sorry to hear that. Poor thing. I'm sure they did all they could, vets are excellent.

I'm glad they found the owners though, at least they can lay him to rest.

It's ok to upset that the cat died too but you did all you could and gave him a fighting chance. I'm sure the owners are very grateful that you all helped, it will be comforting to them to know their pet was being cared for.

What a thoughtful thing you did Sunflower. x

My worse fear with my own cat.

Thread Information