Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekends are the worst.

Weekends are the worst.

It raises my anxiety and depression levels to no end, it makes me realise what a pathetic, lonely loser I am. :(

Re: Weekends are the worst.

You're not a loser - just unhappy.
    Why not treat yourself to a tasty snack & watch something interesting on TV. That's what I'm going to do now - hello chocolate!

Goldeneye and Peroni. Where you at?

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Goldeneye and Peroni. Where you at?
    If only they'd help! aha.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lucinda07 View Post
    You're not a loser - just unhappy.
    Why not treat yourself to a tasty snack & watch something interesting on TV. That's what I'm going to do now - hello chocolate!
    Chocolate sounds wonderful, but I need a person or animal, my cat is being antisocial! :(

Do you 'put yourself out there' often?

I read a really interesting piece in a book called 'One Small Step Can Change Your Life' and it had a short section on a woman who was in a similar situation to you.

She never had any meaningful relationships or met anyone she really liked. But at the same time, she stopped believing she ever would find anyone. (Sound familiar?)

Using the philosophy of Kaizen, she was instructed to make small simple changes that would slightly increase her chances of meeting people.

Taking lunch out in the park, or a cafe instead of at her desk. Shopping at a different store each week. etc

Even if you have no interest in 95% of the people you meet, that doesn't mean you can't be kind, courteous, and give them a nice smile. The one you are destined to meet is out there... you need to give yourself as many opportunities to find her as possible.

Link never rescued Zelda without smashing a thousand boxes, and slaying hundreds of enemies.

So get out there and start smashing boxes!!

mrjones. You are not a loser. good advice from SLA.

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Do you 'put yourself out there' often?

I read a really interesting piece in a book called 'One Small Step Can Change Your Life' and it had a short section on a woman who was in a similar situation to you.

She never had any meaningful relationships or met anyone she really liked. But at the same time, she stopped believing she ever would find anyone. (Sound familiar?)

Using the philosophy of Kaizen, she was instructed to make small simple changes that would slightly increase her chances of meeting people.

Taking lunch out in the park, or a cafe instead of at her desk. Shopping at a different store each week. etc

Even if you have no interest in 95% of the people you meet, that doesn't mean you can't be kind, courteous, and give them a nice smile. The one you are destined to meet is out there... you need to give yourself as many opportunities to find her as possible.

Link never rescued Zelda without smashing a thousand boxes, and slaying hundreds of enemies.

So get out there and start smashing boxes!!
    I've heard about that book, I've not read it though. And yes, I put myself 'out there' enough, I'm out of the house most days if not everyday. The gym, my volunteer work, cafes, exploring, pubs etc. I am very active and 'out there'.

And trust me, I'm always polite, courteous and smiley. Well, maybe not always smiley, but polite and courteous is something I always am, regardless of my mood.

Sorry to bump this...

Here we go again, Saturday is the worst day of the week, whilst it's freedom for most who work and have a social life, it's torture for the lonely folk like me. It serves as a reminder for the best social years I've lost and won't get back no matter how hard I try. I feel so shitty, it's unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjonesmcr View Post
    Sorry to bump this...

Here we go again, Saturday is the worst day of the week, whilst it's freedom for most who work and have a social life, it's torture for the lonely folk like me. It serves as a reminder for the best social years I've lost and won't get back no matter how hard I try. I feel so shitty, it's unreal.

Mrjones, I truly think those of us who are down give off some kind of signal, as people around where I live don't talk to me anymore etc, or even look my way when I walk past. I am out of the house most days too, go into town etc and am very polite when getting served, holding doors for people etc, yet I feel so unlikeable.

Even if we try to put on a front and fake a smile (not saying you're faking, but at times I do) it makes not a bite of difference. I know where you're coming from and feel I'm in the same boat, although I'm not entirely alone as I have a boyfriend and child, but different company would be nice now and again. It's so hard to make friends in my opinion unless you have the same interests as others which I don't.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low.
    I don't know if you have a hobby, but if you join a club then there may be weekend activities.
    Perhaps you could arrange a meet up for NMP members in your city?
    There are thousands of people alone on a Saturday night - I hope something turns up for you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information