Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weekends are the worst.

Re: Weekends are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjonesmcr View Post
    I don't see what great posssibilties happen in your 30s though. :(
    I imagine it's simply being more accepting of oneself. My Mam told me she was happiest in her 30's and I've actually heard lots of people say that too.

I understand your doubts though, I feel the same and I've just turned 28. I know it's shallow, but I'm also losing my looks which is adding massively to my struggles.

SLA is right about not letting the past dictate your future.
    I had some bad years in my 20s, but my 30s were much better - a good time.
    Many people are facing difficult situations - one just has to carry on & hope for the best.
    Mr Jones, I have seen your photo - you look a decent fellow. Few men have the looks of celebrities! Just try to accept yourself & do the best you can.

I never like weekends and will be relieved to go back to the clinic at 17.00. How sad is that.
    Start lithium on Monday and am really scared.
    take care
    Sxx

What did you get upto this weekend Mr Jones? Any opportunities to take photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie8484 View Post
    What did you get upto this weekend Mr Jones? Any opportunities to take photos?
    Last weekend when you asked this, no. I was unwell for all of it so I didn't do so much. It did distract me from feeling lonely though, which I guess is something.

I did take a few this weekend though, including one at a beer festival I went to.

I like your photo's! Remind me of my time in Manchester. I still visit a lot with work and catching up with old work friends.
    Sorry to hear you've been unwell.
    Where was the beer festival?
    Have you been to Federal in the NQ/Shudehill area? Great place for breakfast/brunch.
    I do most things on my own. I actually prefer going to cafe's on my own sometimes. Although i live with my partner if i'm ever travelling for work I end up going for coffee/lunch/etc solo and I like it, because I guess i'm used to it and don't really get bored of it. I didn't have many friends in Manchester and still only have very a small selection of people who I consider real friends. Did you meet many folk at the beer festival?

Mr Jones I do fully understand where you are coming from and I too have set up a thread for meets too in my area and yes a couple of responses and that what was it so feel your pain! Glad you got out to the beer festival m8 was it good tasting all those different beers?!! have made a good friend on here but at the moment only met twice but hopefully meeting up again soon, so there is 'always' hope cheers

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

How do you get these pics up as the links should be clickable? Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie8484 View Post
    I like your photo's! Remind me of my time in Manchester. I still visit a lot with work and catching up with old work friends.
    Sorry to hear you've been unwell.
    Where was the beer festival?
    Have you been to Federal in the NQ/Shudehill area? Great place for breakfast/brunch.
    I do most things on my own. I actually prefer going to cafe's on my own sometimes. Although i live with my partner if i'm ever travelling for work I end up going for coffee/lunch/etc solo and I like it, because I guess i'm used to it and don't really get bored of it. I didn't have many friends in Manchester and still only have very a small selection of people who I consider real friends. Did you meet many folk at the beer festival?
    Thank you, you're very kind. the beer festival was in Didsbury, near where I live. I do enjoy doing solo things, but it does get frustrating after a while, it would be nice to have the choice rather than being forced into it like I am now. And no, I didn't meet anyone, virtually everyone else had people to make conversation with, I only really spoke to a CAMRA representative, but oh well!

And no, I've not been to Federal, it does look nice though, I'll check it out next time I'm in the NQ.

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyuk View Post
    Mr Jones I do fully understand where you are coming from and I too have set up a thread for meets too in my area and yes a couple of responses and that what was it so feel your pain! Glad you got out to the beer festival m8 was it good tasting all those different beers?!! have made a good friend on here but at the moment only met twice but hopefully meeting up again soon, so there is 'always' hope cheers

---------- Post added at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

How do you get these pics up as the links should be clickable? Cheers
    It was decent enough, I had a few nice ones. One called Vanilla Stout was my favourite. As I said, it was decent but would have been better with company.

As for the links, I definitely used the right coding, maybe it's in my settings, I'll have a look sometime.
    Last edited by mrjonesmcr; 31-10-16 at 21:01.

Thumbs up Re: Weekends are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjonesmcr View Post
    Thank you, you're very kind. the beer festival was in Didsbury, near where I live. I do enjoy doing solo things, but it does get frustrating after a while, it would be nice to have the choice rather than being forced into it like I am now. And no, I didn't meet anyone, virtually everyone else had people to make conversation with, I only really spoke to a CAMRA representative, but oh well!

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

It was decent enough, I had a few nice ones. One called Vanilla Stout was my favourite. As I said, it was decent but would have been better with company.

As for the links, I definitely used the right coding, maybe it's in my settings, I'll have a look sometime.
    Hey know exactly where you are coming from, its so much nicer sharing good times with a friend Yes that would be fine as i am a member of 3 other forums and links work on these forums you could just copy and paste the image in to a post or simply upload it to this forum Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information