Thread: The pill, high blood pressure and coming off it

The pill, high blood pressure and coming off it

I am hoping someone on here will be able to give me advice here...

I have been on the BC poll rigevidon for about 3 years now, and went for a check up with the doctor yesterday who found my blood pressure to be high. I was very nervous for the appointment so she said it could be attributed to that, but really with BP at my level I shouldn't be taking the pill. She then prescribed me another 2 months worth and sent me on my way to come back in 6 weeks.

Am I safe to continue taking it? Is it ok to wait another 6 weeks before I get seen by the doctor again?!

I really don't feel comfortable taking the pill again because I'm so worried about my blood pressure now, but I don't know if I can just stop taking it now or if the doctor will want me to stay on it until she sees me again.

Before going on it I suffered horrendous PMS and really don't want to deal with any issues that might be brought on by coming off BC.

I don't feel like I can go back to the doctor until she recommended I come back but I am worrying like crazy already.

Please help :(

Re: The pill, high blood pressure and coming off it

Your doctor probably feels your bp just needs monitored to ensure it doesn't get too high but obviously didn't feel it was a concern for you on the pill. Not all pills are affected by bp and are used to control pms symptoms by preventing ovulation. Talk to your Doctor about the pill you are on and share your concern. They should be able to put your mind at ease. Even just ring to speak over the phone for reassurance.

Thread Information