Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health anxiety creeping in over this, doctors app or ride it out?

Health anxiety creeping in over this, doctors app or ride it out?

Not sure if this should be in the female health issues part but I figured that's for the downstairs region(move if I'm wrong)

For the last maybe two weeks I've been getting a sort of stabbing pain in my right breast, it feels though it's around the nipple area, it comes and goes within seconds, also if my arm brushes across that nipple sometimes I get pain.
    It's not linked to my cycle because it's the wrong time, I get breast tenderness a few days before usually and that's it.

I've had a good feel and can't find any lumps/bumps but the pain keeps coming, is it something I should see a GP for or is it not enough to bother?

At first I was doing okay with it, but as it's continued I've started on the old "what if it's this" and we know where that leads!
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Re: Health anxiety creeping in over this, doctors app or ride it out?

Id see your doc anyway but my wife had this a few months back she said it felt like she`d pulled something and it could come from exertion, or sitting fairly still so she was very concerned

she went for a mammogram in the end and it was nothing at all and was put down to a soft tissue injury from memory, certainly soft tissue something. and although she doesn`t suffer from any form of anxiety once she knew it wasn`t sinister the pain didn`t appear again

so do get checked out but chances are you`ll be absolutely fine

I had the same thing last March, its what started my health anxiety. Went in for Mammogram was nothing. Breast pain rarely means breast cancer, I know your scared but just go in if just to ease your mind.

Thank you both that's made me feel better. It's just something I've never experienced and as it's just the one that is painful it triggered my anxiety, but yes I'm sure it's all okay, I think I will give it a few days more and if it's still here book an appointment x
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

Still getting the pains and it's a feels a lot fuller than the other breast.

I've been having slight waves of nausea and weeing a lot, I'm considering that either my hormones are up the wall for some reason or I'm pregnant. Don't understand why it's just one breast though

I had that in one breast only, maybe take a test and see if your pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by dale12345 View Post
    I had that in one breast only, maybe take a test and see if your pregnant.
    Not even missed a period yet so doubt I'd get a positive anyway, it's probably not that but something definitely feels different. I'll have to wait and see which is not my strong point lol

There's nothing wrong with going to the doctor if something doesn't seem right. When I got my skin lesion checked out, it was worthwhile and I wasn't wasting anybody's time. Although it later transpired to be nothing, and it wasn't actually new, it was new to me and it looked strange.

I doubt you have anything to be worried about, but I think you could be forgiven for getting it checked out. Just may twopennies' worth. I'm very much not an expert on breasts. Willing to learn, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    There's nothing wrong with going to the doctor if something doesn't seem right. When I got my skin lesion checked out, it was worthwhile and I wasn't wasting anybody's time. Although it later transpired to be nothing, and it wasn't actually new, it was new to me and it looked strange.

I doubt you have anything to be worried about, but I think you could be forgiven for getting it checked out. Just may twopennies' worth. I'm very much not an expert on breasts. Willing to learn, though.
    Yeah I know what you mean, will be next week now but I'll definitely be booking an appointment, they'll be thrilled to see me anyway it's been a while lol.

I'm very much not an expert on breasts. Willing to learn, though

Quote Originally Posted by KatiePink View Post
    Not even missed a period yet so doubt I'd get a positive anyway, it's probably not that but something definitely feels different. I'll have to wait and see which is not my strong point lol
    I am the same way, I freak!

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post

lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information