Thread: new help for me

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

new help for me

I am getting some help once again with a phone call (no idea whether it would be suitable for me) as CBT did not help a few years ago and was let go after 10 sessions.

I am not really looking forward to him ringing me up in a few weeks time, because I dread him talking to my parents. My parents will tell him what I am like with my anxiety that I dont believe anybody.

I given up talking to my parents about my health worries as both had enough of me going on about my latest worry so avoiding the topic altogether of my concerns and just fight it on my own.

I been reading the NHS anxiety leaflet online (believe this what I was given when I did CBT) which just fuels my worries more using the balanced thought of what the problem could be and using the information, like the number of times seeking ressourance (sp?) per day, how many times going to the GP. Yes mistakes do happen. I know we are are going to die one day

To me anything strange lump, mark, bump is cancer or something deadly which could need treated as soon as possible, I dont have the stiff up lip or help yourself
    Last edited by unsure_about_this; 14-10-16 at 16:09.

Thread Information