Thread: Mucus in stool-sorry TMI

Mucus in stool-sorry TMI

Hi all! At the mo my lovely HA is focused on bowel obstruction due to having complicated appendix surgery in April 8 weeks after a Caesarean section where appendix was stuck to my bowel and every since I've had pain in this area.Anyway,went to doctors on fri with this and he said he's not concerned as it's probably adhesion from the surgery and to keep an eye out if you haven't produced a stool for some time....so,this morning as I was in the toilet I happened to glance down into the pan and saw what looked like white tissue in my stool about inch long...panic ,fear set in and googled(I know,der!!) range of issues came up including bowel obstruction! Now my heart is racing I feel sick to my stomach with worry...please help I'm desperate xx

Re: Mucus in stool-sorry TMI

Hi there,
    Yikes sounds lik you've been through the mill lately! Just clicked on your thread because I was worried about the exact same thing some time back. I think it was after I'd had a gastro virus, but the mucous (tmi!) thing lasted for ages, and then I got freaked out because I got the tissue looking thing happen! But after some time it did go.The doc said it's a bit like nasal mucus like when you have a cold. If you actually passed a stool I imagine that is a good thing as your doc said just if you can't pass any? Maybe there's a bit of mucus because of all your body's had to deal with lately.. I am obviously no DR and go back if you are very concerned but just wanted to share that! Google is nasty and always tells you the worst case scenario!

Thread Information