Thread: Neck cracking = Stroke?

Neck cracking = Stroke?

My neck has been very tense from anxiety and bad posture. I hear you can tear an artery and give yourself a stroke from cracking it and this is scaring me. Anyone else with this?

Re: Neck cracking = Stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by gatsby12 View Post
    My neck has been very tense from anxiety and bad posture. I hear you can tear an artery and give yourself a stroke from cracking it and this is scaring me. Anyone else with this?
    Oh dear I hope not, my neck tension is severe, I don't crack it but it crunches sometimes when I turn!
    Most humans are never fully present in the now, because unconsciously they believe that the next moment must be more important than this one. But then you miss your whole life, which is never not now.
    And that's a revelation for some people: to realize that your life is only ever now. -Eckhart Tolle

I think loads of anxious people experience this through having tense muscles, but it's extremely rare for this to result in triggering something like a stroke. It's just another sign that we who have health anxiety can latch onto more or less any symptom we read about and make it our own

I recommend a relaxing neck and head massage and you'll feel so much better.

ISB x

Thanks guys. I am guessing really I'd need to do it very suddenly and violently to rupture anything but it's still scary as hell.

I crack my neck about once an hour and even people sitting beside me can hear it! Pops really loud!

I believe that this can only happen with Extreme over exertion when exercising.

Well that would put the chiropractors out of business!

Remember Jacob's Ladder?

Didn't we used to have that old urban myth about cracking your knuckles leads to arthritis in old age?

Just turned around and I heard two loud cracks. Yikes.

I sleep with three-four pillows so my neck is always stiff, I crack it a ton and apart from getting cramp in it one time(my own incompetence I couldn't work the next day oops) I'm perfectly fine in fact my family believes cracking bones and muscles are actually good for you as it exercises something stiff x

Thread Information