Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just been given 14 Diazepam 2mg

Just been given 14 Diazepam 2mg

Hi, advice please. Just been prescribed this morning 14 tablets at 2mg to take for high anxiety. Can anyone advise what to expect as obviously being anxious I'm scared to even take one but am so worked up I think I have to try one. Thanks in advance.

Re: Just been given 14 Diazepam 2mg

It's hard to describe really. I suppose it is kinda like a wave of calm washing over you.

they're a nice relaxed feeling "i don't mind" kinda thinking. It's only a small dose so you may barely feel anything at all.

certainly won't do anything nasty. I know many people who've taken them and never heard anything nasty about. 5mg made someone a bit dizzy and sleepy but it's a nice kind.

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated

Well I was so scared but took half of a 2mg tablet about half seven last night, didn't notice anything other than my bottom lip felt a bit numb, felt slightly more relaxed but that tends to happen in an evening anyway. Didn't sleep well maybe 4 hours so obviously feel overwhelmingly tired. Been up an hour and the panic is so bad, overwhelming shaking, racing thoughts. So just taken a full 2mg tablet 20 mins ago. Waiting for some relief that doesn't appear to be coming. Am shaking and have to sort my son for school and then go to work later for a few hours but at the moment I don't see how I can do any of that. Fear is overwhelming. Any advice? Will the Diazepam calm me soon? Hope someone else is up and knows how I can get through this? x

It takes about 30-45 minutes to work and will be slower if you have eaten. Sorry to see you back Julie. Hoped you were doping better.

xx

Thanks Shazmataz, unfortunately no, things not good. I haven't eaten and its been about 45 mins now since I took the full 2mg. The only thing I've noticed is the shaking has eased very slightly. Racing mind. I am back at work 3 months now, been managing that to a point but last couple of weeks really struggling and obviously cant go off sick again after my last 4 months off and being told repeatedly that going off sick again I risk losing my job. How are you? x

That's not good. Maybe you need a higher dose?

I'm plodding along. Anxiety a lot better but suffering with the Chronic Fatigue so still not able to look for work.

I hope you feel better soon

xx

Thanks Shazmataz, added to the mix I was told peri-menopausal so been on HRT since August - again 3 months in, no benefit. My body and mind seems to fight anything I am given to in any way help. Must battle on. I've been told I can take 3 x 2mg tabs a day but obviously they only give you a couple of weeks worth of Diazepam and they don't like to give it out at all and as I know I have to be in work this afternoon I can't risk them actually working to the point of exhaustion and not being able to function, though sat here, though shattered I have commitments I have to somehow face. But this morning I need all the help I can get. Thanks for replying, very much appreciated.

The joys of perimenopause! I am going through it too, I think.

Hope you get through the day ok. One thing at a time!
    x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information