Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My colonoscopy

My colonoscopy

Well....... my bowel is all normal, no tumors! They have taken biopsies to check for underlying bacteria and infection but other than that the dr said my bowel looks healthy! WOW...... thanks for all the support from everyone, its been a tough couple of weeks but now i can sit and relax and focus on the wedding

Thank you again to all!

Re: My colonoscopy

So amazing to hear! So happy for you!

:-( now it's my turn. I have to go for one as well.

Can you let me know how it felt? If the prep was terrible? I'm a little anxious about it.

Excellent news!

Im so relieved.

The prep is nothing daunting, honestly. It starts working within the hour but after that its literally just peeing out your bum. I didnt have to sit all day on the loo, i must have gone about 11 times and had a straight 7 hours sleep, seriously nothing daunting.

The procedure was a little painful for me esp going round the bends of the colon but they uped my sedation and before i knew it the scope was removed. All in all i was in theatre 10 mins. My stomach feels bruised but its just all the gas they pumped into me.

Please dont be afraid, im not one to talk as my anxiety was the worst its ever been today the nurses are so lovely and my dr was so lovely too, i sailed through and just kept reminding myself that i have to do this!

Were you awake during the procedure? Were they able to tell you then and there all was OK?

When are you going for yours dittarco?

Yes awake but drowsy and sedated. Yes they tell you after you have recovered a little. The dr didnt come out and speak with me but the nurses did and gave me the report, the dr was talking whilst he was doing the procedure, he took the scope out and said it looks healthy and normal, i didnt hear this but the nurses surrounding me did and told me when i was wheeled to recovery, after about 20 minutes they gave me the report said normal from the start and where biopsies were taken, but the report gave no indication of masses or polyps so i guess they took tissue from the colon itself, the nurse said biopsies are normal to be taken looking for infections, bacteria but if the report is notmal then nothing was found

Has this put your fears to rest at last?

that is great Kay!

So I have an endoscopy on Monday and the colonscopy is Nov 21st. I was going to speak to the doctor today to see if we can switch tests, as my fears lie mostly with colon cancer.

We have a vacation planned the 2nd week of November and I am concerned I am going to let this ruin my vacation :(

It has put my fears to rest, little apprehensive about the results of the biopsies but the. nurse reiterated that he is looking for infections or bacteria probably pre cancerous cells or even cancer cells but ill have to wait for them

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information