Thread: Anxiety/7 Year Insomnia - Pregabalin/Noise Anxiety - Please help

Anxiety/7 Year Insomnia - Pregabalin/Noise Anxiety - Please help

Hi All - hope this is in the right place.

Long story short - insomnia for 7 years, with anxiety as the secondary factor. Tried many things, only things that have ever worked were 1)5htp for the first few weeks 2)valium - taking on a 'every now and then' basis when extreme stress.

Doctor recently gave me pregabalin (alzain) 75mb morning and evening. Felt really good for the first week, could deal with work issues/ etc. was able to get off to sleep, and roll back over when I wake (and not have chain of thoughts).

I then had a big arguement with my gf and a few bad days at work, and as such the good effects vanished. Doc suggested 75mg 3 x times a day (but also said it doesn't matter when they are taken/could be taken all at once).

Now my current/big issue - noisy neighbours moved in both sides of my flat and low level noise was keeping me up for a few days in a row (i obsess and concentrate on the noise). This is intermittant, but last week when it has stopped, I was still 'hearing' noise all night, regardless of what room i.e. there was no noise, but I was hearing this in my head/ears (through 2 x pairs of earplugs). I've not been consistent with the 3 x 75mgs as I'm worried that this is causing the noise (its a difficult one as the neighbours moved in since taking the prega, but I've never 'imagined' noise before.

I've not stopped taking the morning dose for the last few days (it seemed to stop me hearing things sunday night, but then I didn't have the calm feeling) but take 2 or 3 at night.

I now don't have much of a calm feeling in bed, and hear noise ALL night.

Its driving me crazy and I can't cope.

I feel there is always something stopping me from sleeping and I'm on the edge.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 ----------

thinking about it its probably more like 8 :( but not the point. Have tried everything bar acupuncture. Am trying to contact my old hypnosis supplier (gave up after 3 sessions 3 years ago)

Re: Anxiety/7 Year Insomnia - Pregabalin/Noise Anxiety - Please help

im on that dose right now. definitely keeping me nicely calm most of the day.

I haven't noticed any noises yet. Could it be they your neighbours actually are making noises sometimes and not others.

Re: Anxiety/7 Year Insomnia - Pregabalin/Noise Anxiety - Please help

Hi thanks for the reply - how long have you been on them for?

they were great for me for week 1, I'm on week 3 (with doc suggesting going to 3 x 75) and having no affects.

Talking to colleague on facebook and he was on them a year ago and said the same thing that they worked initially, stopped, he upped dosage and it was same again

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:41 ----------

also - noisy neighbours are up and down yes, but I'm hearing the noise when I KNOW its not there i.e all hours on a week night, when I move rooms etc

Its obviously linked to being hyper sensitive to it/listening for it and being unable to block it out/concentrate on other things but am worried pregablin is linked

Thread Information