Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello, just joined

welcome to the forum ellen

we all have our bad times! hope ur ok today

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

[8)]hi i joined yesterday, i started with panic attacks about 18mths ago. in that time i've been 2 court over my son , his useless father wanting more contact (and it being given] my husband works upto 5 wks away, and we had financal problems and 6mths ago i had a beautiful baby girl and planned our wedding in 7 weeks, and i started wrk 3 wks ago.I know im mad, i barely relax, hence the attacks.But the more i stop ie days off wrk and avoiding personal issues, the worse the attacks.I too feel silly talking to friends and family but i try to take each day as it comes and i try to plan as little as possisble.This way i dont worry and panic over 'little' things.I see each day as a achievement.

Thankyou for all your kind words. It really is true that other people understand! Wow!
    I'm having a bad day today. I keep arguing with my partner. I'm feel that he has had enough of all this nonsense and is pulling away. He's never really known how to deal with it, so ive gone to my mother a lot, but because ive been at my mum's a lot its made it worse. He's kind of buried himself in hobbies etc, and now he's away a lot and seems to just kind of disregard me a lot of the time. I think i'm losing him, he just doesn't know how to cope with my anxiety and so he's started pulling away. I don;t feel that i can cope if i lose him, we had planned our future together. And yet, he's not giving me any of the support that i need at the moment. I dont know what to do.

Hello Ellen,

I am new to the forums as well but just knowing there are other people there will help you.
    My Panic and anxiety seemed to come along for no reason to.
    But when I look back know it was because I was stressed and unhappy.

I’d read all the info about exercise, diet and relaxation etc. on this site because it really does help.
    My anxiety levels are nowhere near what they were and I don’t have full panic attacks anymore.

Keep trying, believe me you can feel better.

Richard.

Hi Ellen ,

Sounds like you need a bit more communication to understand whether it is just this or more to it .

It is very hard for others to understand and know what to do and its a natural reaction to pull away.

If it is just the anxiety he can't cope with maybe print him off some threads and web pages from the site so he can see that there is help and you can get better. This is NOT how you will be forever .Its just a transient phase.

If he's willing to learn what he can do to support you and help you through then I know my partner would speak to him and give him some pointers.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Hi Ellen welcome to the site, you have done the right thing talking about it and comming to this site, I am sure you will get lots of help and advice here. I to have suffered for 40 years on and off and know if someone hasnt suffered themself cant understand what we go through. I think you might be fighting the anxiety too much? cos as you know fighting just adds more anxiety, then adds fear to the fear. You are so right doing as much as you cant, but try and do it relaxed and not tence and fighting it. I am sorry about your B?F why not ask him to read some of this site and see it that will make him understand a bit more. We also have a chat room a lot of members come to in the evenings, I find this helps me to chatting to other suffers. the address is http://pub4.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/342349380 u can join in the chat or just watch, everyone there are friendly and helpfull, and we even have a laugh there. so take care all the best for now Vernon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information