Thread: Ultrasound results there and then or have had to wait?

Ultrasound results there and then or have had to wait?

Hi all been awhile since I was last here but my HA is showing it's ugly head once again here is the long story.

I went to the doctors after doing a random blood pressure test in July and it was something like 165/100, she took it in the office and was 185/120 she said it could be a one off stress etc and to get it taken in 2 weeks, 2 weeks passed and it was still high so she ordered a 24 hr BP test and asked me to get my eyes tested in case they was a bleed behind my eyes, 24 hr BP test came back 145/90 and the eye test was fine she prescribed me some blood pressure medication and said she'd monitor it in a month but would like me to do a 24 hr urine test (catchemines).

So stupidly I put off the 24 hour urine for about 2 weeks then done it and handed it to the doctors meanwhile while waiting for the results I had a BP check and was still high so she put me on another tablet, 24 hour urine test come back as abnormal and was ordered a Urinary Tract Ultrasound and refereed to see a Neprology consultant the Ultrasound was a 4 week wait the consultant I see next Friday was a 6 week wait.

Anyways I had my US done yesterday and she didn't tell me the results there and then said they'd be with my GP straight away to view so I phoned my doctor couple hrs after the US and they said they didn't have them, rang at 2pm today same they didn't have them.

Anyways I am worried they seen something and didn't say anything, has anyone had to wait for US results like me for them to come back normal?

I recently had a MRI of my spine about a year ago would they have been able to see my kidneys on that MRI?

I also got the all clear 5 years ago after finding blood in my urine I had a CT Urogram done and a Cystoscopy done everything was fine then as the Urogram scan the kidneys, is that good news in a sense that they was nothing there 5 years ago?

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Trevstan; 19-10-16 at 16:31.

Re: Ultrasound results there and then or have had to wait?

If the doctors suspected something bad they would definitely tell you rather than not I can assure you I had an ultrasound and the nurse it looked fine there and then but my gp didn't get the results till a few days later so yeah it can take a while x

Thread Information