Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breast lump referred to breast clinic non urgent

Breast lump referred to breast clinic non urgent

Well I attended my gp today after finding a lump around a week ago. This will be my 3rd referral but first 2 were my other breast. I was told twice I have normal lumpy breasts and all was fine. My left breast which has never caused me problems has a small lump so I attended my gp who felt it but said it doesn't feel nasty. She did however say that she like to refer just to be sure but she's referred me non urgent?! I'm terrified I'm being left to wait so long and it may be the big C. My Mil had breast cancer a few years ago which is making me anxious as I seen what she went through. I worry hugely because I have a 2 year old and can't stop crying because I think she's going to grow up without a mum. I think my gp is also sent for non urgent because I'm 28 which I find unfair just because I'm young doesn't mean I won't have it

Re: Breast lump referred to breast clinic non urgent

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicasmummy View Post
    Well I attended my gp today after finding a lump around a week ago. This will be my 3rd referral but first 2 were my other breast. I was told twice I have normal lumpy breasts and all was fine. My left breast which has never caused me problems has a small lump so I attended my gp who felt it but said it doesn't feel nasty. She did however say that she like to refer just to be sure but she's referred me non urgent?! I'm terrified I'm being left to wait so long and it may be the big C. My Mil had breast cancer a few years ago which is making me anxious as I seen what she went through. I worry hugely because I have a 2 year old and can't stop crying because I think she's going to grow up without a mum. I think my gp is also sent for non urgent because I'm 28 which I find unfair just because I'm young doesn't mean I won't have it
    Your GP has done a non urgent referral because your symptoms don't appear to be sinister, it has nothing to do with your age. I know you're frightened, but your HA revolves around breast cancer, and you've had two referrals already so you've been thoroughly checked out. Are you doing anything to deal with your HA yet?

All breast referrals in the uk, non urgent or urgent are required to be seen under the 'two week' rules. You are very likely to get an appointment come through in the next couple of days and probably for a date early next week. This does not mean he lied to you about the urgency so don't panic.

I'm now panicking because I've had some breathlessness and terrified I have it and it's spread!!! How long does it take breast cancer to spread? I was at the breast clinic in Feb surely if it is breast cancer it wouldn't be so far advanced? Help!!

I received an appointment for next month. My gp has prescribed me sertraline for my anxiety that was a week ago but I still don't feel any better. My gp has told me it's definitely nothing to worry about but she doesn't know that for sure!! I can't stop worrying and crying it's ruining my life

Just a little note - I was referred to the Breast clinic on a non-urgent referral about 3 years ago even though I am at high risk for breast cancer this was still the case however my appointment appeared in the post about 2 days later and I was seen within a week.

I have lumps everywhere and was told that the specific lump I still have is fatty tissue, however it is good to get these things checked out.

Its a worry to sit and worry but what will that help you........

Let us know how you get on

---------- Post added at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

I can't stop worrying and crying it's ruining my life
    I have been here and still get here BUT try not to

Im trying to stay positive because my gp isn't worried but it's hard not to worry. Im going back to see another gp next week to ask her to examine it as I'm going on holiday and want another opinion and hopefully reassurance. Sometimes I feel it and think it just feels like normal breast tissue and other times I think it's a lump

I just wanted to reach out and let you know I'm praying for you! I'm sure everything will be just fine. *hugs*

I'm going on Monday for a breast biopsy so I totally understand your fear.

You'll be absolutely fine ladies. I was referred a couple of years ago and although I was told by my doctor it was nothing to worry about I was still crapping myself. After scans and a biopsy it was confirmed my lump is a Fibroadenoma - a harmless cyst that will stay as it is unless I want to have it removed. It's quite big but doesn't cause me any pain although I can feel it more at certain times of the month. If your doctor has told you there is nothing to worry about then please believe them. I think somebody already mentioned it but all breast lumps (even harmless ones) have to be referred. xx

Sometimes I feel it and think it just feels like normal breast tissue and other times I think it's a lump
    Before my examination I prodded myself so much I actually ached where the fatty tissue was.......it became an obsession with me until I got the 'no this is nothing to worry about', symptoms soon disappear after that...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information