Thread: Worried about Colon Cancer

Worried about Colon Cancer

Hello everyone, so I posted here a few months ago panicked about Pancreatic Cancer. Well my doctor worked well with me and we got tests done to show it wasn't. I ended up having an abdominal ultrasound to look at my liver and pancreas two months ago and everything was clear.

Though, the past month I have been noticing I still have the abdominal pain that made me fear it in the first place, and now I am also having pain on my right side where it feels like my liver is. I get random pains right on my ribs, around my right breast area, and under my right armpit.

On my left side I get the pain almost like flank pain. I have also been passing quite a bit of mucus with my stool but not noticeable blood. I developed a cough and the pain on my right make me think it has metastasized to my lung and or liver.

I saw a gastrologist and I have a colonoscopy scheduled for next Monday but I can't focus on work or anything. I am so afraid of dying after just getting married and having to go through chemo and living in a hospital and having my wife have to worry about me every day. I know it is rare at my age but I keep finding a lot of young people who seem to have had it even younger than 24!

Re: Worried about Colon Cancer

If you want to find horror stories, you will. But the fact remains that colon cancer is very rare in young people. I'm sure your colonoscopy will give you the all-clear.

Have you and your doctor talked about IBS? It's an extremely common cause of persistent abdominal discomfort.

No I haven't but I am sure that could be a topic if the colonoscopy comes back clear. This pain in my abdomen has just been constant throughout my times of relaxation and my times of stress.

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

The mucus for my stool has been starting to be a lot more and more white, the coughing has returned today and I am starting to get stronger pain.

I just want to know that my colonoscopy is going to be clear, I know there is no 100% guarantee that I won't have Colon Cancer but it is hard to think I don't have it.

What's your diet like?

I have been cutting out lactose thinking maybe I am just lactose intolerant. Besides that pretty standards. I haven't had fast food in a while, I don't avoid wheat or anything. I eat vegetables and meat, and have been trying to eat healthier since I got married.

I guess I am also confused that if my diet was the problem why would I have pain and cramping on both sides of my abdomen.

I just found out that my grandfather had Colon Polyps when he was 60 which means I have a family history which puts me at a higher risk. This has got me a lot more scared about my colonoscopy on Monday.

Thread Information