Thread: Worried I Ate Bad Chinese

Worried I Ate Bad Chinese

My husband and I ate at PF Changs on Tuesday night after getting home from vacation. I just now heated up some chow mein and some Mongolian beef and I was eating the chow mein when I noticed there were some darkish spots in the noodles, at first I thought maybe they were pan seared markings but then I got weirded out and threw the food away. It tasted fine. There wasn't any fuzzy growing mold on it just those weird looking dark marks on the noodles and the ends of the chicken. Now I'm at home freaking out. It had only been almost 48 hours since we got the food. Is there anyway that those marking were mold? I have a severe vomiting phobia and I am so very anxious thinking I'll be throwing up in the next couple of hours. I was looking online and it says four days for Chinese and then chuck it out. Do you think maybe it was just from heating it up? We have parties to go to all weekend and I'm so worried that because of that stupid food I'll miss them all. Idk how to calm down from this one.

Re: Worried I Ate Bad Chinese

Did you microwave to reheat the food? This is a common cause of black spots as some bits get overheated. As long as the food was very hot all through then you are fine.
    The usual danger is that people reheat takeaway food but only warm it and then its playing dangerous game or they reheat rice which is a no no ever!

I've eaten reheated rice loads of times and I'm still here and sexier than ever. But yes, I know it's not advisable.

In this instance, there's nothing to worry about. Although I really want a Chinese now.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    I've eaten reheated rice loads of times and I'm still here and sexier than ever. But yes, I know it's not advisable.

In this instance, there's nothing to worry about. Although I really want a Chinese now.
    Whose a lucky person I know loads of people do it and are fine but anyone who has ever had the type of food poisoning from rice never does it a second time!

Yeah, I know. I might stop doing it. I just really like fried rice and hate to see any wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerError View Post
    Yeah, I know. I might stop doing it. I just really like fried rice and hate to see any wasted.
    Just scoff it all the same night! I know you can do it (I could haha)

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    Just scoff it all the same night! I know you can do it
    Never has a truer word been spoken!

Thread Information