Thread: Has anyone ever started on just 12.5mg

Has anyone ever started on just 12.5mg

Hi I am absolutely terrified of SRI's as they give me panic whenever I start them so I can only get on them with the help of sleeping pills, benzos and a real low low low dose. Has any one ever started on as little as 12.5mg of Sertraline? Did you still get start up effects? My pshyc is trying to push me too fast so I am really worrying about it and am going to refuse to do it at his pace, this has to be at my own.

Re: Has anyone ever started on just 12.5mg

I did this, but I took even less and cut the quarter tablet in half again. It worked for me as I didn't get any bad side effects and I could slowly get used to taking something I was so scared about. I'm now still actually just taking 12.5mg because I found that I started to feel better when I took that.. I am very thin though so I don't need much! I am supposed to going up to a half though once I have some free time.

All I had when I started was feeling really sleepy and really hungry. But both of those went after a few days. That comes back when I increase the dose too but for some people I don't think it would.

I hope it makes me sleepy, they told me to take it on a morning as it can cause insomnia which is why I am so anxious in the first place as I never sleep.

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 ----------

Thanks btw xxx

Hi, yeah i started on 12.5 then slowly went up to 75mg where i stayed for a year or so and have now dropped back to 50mg.

Nick

Thread Information