Thread: waiting brain mri results help

waiting brain mri results help

Hey, I had a brain mri with and without contrast on Wednesday 26th October, this was put through by a combination of a neuro who had me on watch & wait in Feb and an Opthalmologist who took it off the watch and wait.

I'm worried sick that I am going completely blind, My vision is like being in a fog and I have a growing central blind spot in my right eye.

If anything serious was found would they contact fast? As my follow up appointment with neuro is 20th dec..I have so far had 2 clear non contrast head CT scans.

Re: waiting brain mri results help

They don't mess around if anything serious is found. I've been through the MRI e perience too so I know how it feels, but if you need to know anything urgently, you'll be told urgently.

All the best with your wait. Try to stay positive.

They would not make you wait that long. In a week or so can you contact your consultants secretary who ordered the scan and ask if you can be given the results asap because of your anxiety. They are usually very helpful.

Have you been given any possible diagnosis re your vision problems. I am partially sighted with multiple eye problems and because of this I am rather well informed on eye matters

Hey thanks, I already had an alernate squint and the cornea disease keratoconus of my left eye, I had an operation on oct 1st 2015 to insert intracorneal ring segments (intacs) this had taken me to 6/9 LE and 6/6 RE.

I developed double vision while using both eyes which was believed to due to the fact I had the kc and my brain was wanting to use that eye, pteviously was my strongest.

But Jan 2016 I started getting lightening flashes in the dark like fireworks going off, both eyes. Then I was seeing starbursting off lights and rays enough to reach the floor off a street light. I then noticied a kind of grain/static looking at solid colour walls and the sky had the blue field entoptic phenonmen within seconds of looking at it.

After that I had no progression until August, I had an awful headache after a boat trip in scotland and the following day my double vision was increased to 2 complete heads when looking at people. Then the static/snow took full hold day by day I seen more and more dots/flecks/stars of light, then my right eye gained a spot of missing vision centrally and above. I'm at the point now where the "white" seems to take at least 60% of my vision and all colours are muted, like black looks grey, deep reds-light red, light reds-pink, distant trees look like they are in a mist or fog, lights are too bright and I have increased after images.

I had the 2 cts clear and have seen around 10 opthalmologists who cannot find any issue bar ofc I have the implants in my left cornea
    . They said its in keeping with migraine/ocular migraine aura but this isnt episodic it just continues to get worse hour by hour day by day. I have tried sumatriptan 100 mg x 2 with no improvement, to sleep im needing to basically knock myself out as im seeing this with eyes closed and its sending me into panic attacks before ive even fell asleep. 2 days ago it took 40 mg of diazepam to get me a few hours rest, last might .5 clonazepam.

My fear was a brain tumour, of the chiasm, midbrain or visual centre but im wondering of the 2 cts would have shown something in that case.

Also been through quite a few MRI scans on my brain (due to having NF) I remember when I was either 11 or 12 having to have an extra scan before leaving.

Mine is like a module, brain spot, cafe au lait marking, lump which is benign but has got smaller over the years, cannot be treated or removed or it will either cause me more health problems or possibly kill me if attempted to removed it.

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:25 ----------

I (well my parents) were unware that I had a problem to I was eight or nine, when one of the GPs I saw because of my disability (dyspraxia) looked into my eyes with his touch. I went for eye exams, had drops in my eyes and nothing was said to I was eight.

The last time I went for an eye exam I was asked could one of the students look in my eyes as this was good training for her, she could spot the brown things in my eyes and was struggling to remember the name but got there in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
    Hey thanks, I already had an alernate squint and the cornea disease keratoconus of my left eye, I had an operation on oct 1st 2015 to insert intracorneal ring segments (intacs) this had taken me to 6/9 LE and 6/6 RE.

I developed double vision while using both eyes which was believed to due to the fact I had the kc and my brain was wanting to use that eye, pteviously was my strongest.

But Jan 2016 I started getting lightening flashes in the dark like fireworks going off, both eyes. Then I was seeing starbursting off lights and rays enough to reach the floor off a street light. I then noticied a kind of grain/static looking at solid colour walls and the sky had the blue field entoptic phenonmen within seconds of looking at it.

After that I had no progression until August, I had an awful headache after a boat trip in scotland and the following day my double vision was increased to 2 complete heads when looking at people. Then the static/snow took full hold day by day I seen more and more dots/flecks/stars of light, then my right eye gained a spot of missing vision centrally and above. I'm at the point now where the "white" seems to take at least 60% of my vision and all colours are muted, like black looks grey, deep reds-light red, light reds-pink, distant trees look like they are in a mist or fog, lights are too bright and I have increased after images.

I had the 2 cts clear and have seen around 10 opthalmologists who cannot find any issue bar ofc I have the implants in my left cornea
    . They said its in keeping with migraine/ocular migraine aura but this isnt episodic it just continues to get worse hour by hour day by day. I have tried sumatriptan 100 mg x 2 with no improvement, to sleep im needing to basically knock myself out as im seeing this with eyes closed and its sending me into panic attacks before ive even fell asleep. 2 days ago it took 40 mg of diazepam to get me a few hours rest, last might .5 clonazepam.

My fear was a brain tumour, of the chiasm, midbrain or visual centre but im wondering of the 2 cts would have shown something in that case.
    Wow is all I can say! Ct scans show up most tumours but mri is the scan of choice as it gives so much detail. So if you have had clear ct then its highly unlikely you have a brain tumour.

Could this be due to your implants at all?

The intracorneal ring segments generally only cause an issue if my pupil overlaps then I can get a light scatter/starburst but apart from that my corneas on last check were very stable and clear.

Thread Information