Thread: Lung/esophagus worries

Lung/esophagus worries

Hey everybody. I have a new fear that has me in a panic today. 😩 I'm pretty new to this forum but I figured I would reach out for some help since many around me don't understand. I'm 28 years old, have lost 70lbs in the last 21
    Months and I recently quit smoking two weeks ago today. I had wanted to quit a long time ago and then my anxiety kicked in and convinced me to quit because I have a terrible terrible fear of death. I feel a sense of doom every single day, and I feel like I'm just going to fall over and die. I've been to the doctor a couple times for a physical and such and I have been put on my citalopram again. Anyway I have been feeling this weird throat pressure, like someone is pressing on my throat where an Adam's apple would be. I also have pain that goes down my back, which isn't extreme but it's annoying, and it's between my shoulder blades. I am freaking myself out that I have cancer or something or that I have something like a tumor in my esophagus or something. I have had routine blood work done, which all came back normal and electrolytes and stuff. I haven't had a chest X-ray or anything and I also have been put on ranitidine for acid reflux 2 days ago and I don't feel any improvement. I don't know if this is muscles or cancer, or anxiety or if it's even anything serious but it's freaking me out. I hate feeling this way every single day. When a month ago my life was great and I wasn't scared of anything, I'm not sure what triggered this but it's terrible!!

Re: Lung/esophagus worries

HI, well knowing that you seem to have an acid reflux problem and an anxiety problem, it's much more likely one of or a combo of those two things causing all your pains and discomfort.

You might have hyperventaliton syndrome from aniexty or just tense muscles body. Who knows what came 1st, and why exactly at this point.

Pain in yoru throat is very common for people on here, it's part of your reflexes to stress that "lump in your throat"

Keep doing some medical tests to rule out stuff, please quit smoking no matter how hard it is, smoking is giving you anxiety for sure about death and cancer, so it could be a trigger.Cancer is highly unlikely at your age, with your stress levels and even acid relfux it's time to learn to be nice to yourself and give yourself some time, eat right and concentrate on recovery from all this.

Thread Information