Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burden to my kids

Burden to my kids

Sorry I know I post often on here but the past few wks I've been really struggling especially with HA and started to have panic attacks a lot but this morning I ended up foning 999 up because the past few days I've been getting numbness tingling in my arms and legs and my upper right arm was very tight and I kept going lightheaded I just went into panic mode my daughter who lives with me less her tried to calm me down instead of foning 999 but I wouldn't have none of it and I got abit angry with her and said well if I die it's on ur head I know that was a horrible thing to say to her and afterwards I couldn't say sorry enough to heras she got really upset and all she wanted to do was to reassure me I was ok and didn't need a abulance but I won't listen to her I always need reassurance only off someone who is a doctor or medical profession which I know that is the wrong thing to do as it doesn't help my anxiety, I just feel a burden to my children because of the way I am as my daughter ended foning the rest of my children because she is worried about me and I don't want to keep worring them all the time over me , please don't judge me because I did what I did and wasted the paramedics time and upsetting my daughter, I know I have been judged before on here by some embers for not helping myself by not taking medication or not doing things to help myself but I do try doing things but not the medication root i am waiting for therapy with the mental health team which I've been waiting since march on the waiting list. I just wish I didn't feel such a burden .
    Last edited by tricia56; 29-10-16 at 19:38. Reason: Spelling

Re: Burden to my kids

Don't just wait for the therapy. Look into minfulness meditation

Tricia, I love you.

If its any consolation, in the midst of a horrendous panic attack once, I also demanded an ambulance be called.

In the end I called my best mate, who came and took me to the hospital.

I thought I was going to die in his car. In a weird way, I was at peace at that time.

YOU ARE NOT A BURDEN

I repeat that...

YOU ARE NOT A BURDEN

You are in a very vulnerable and sensitive frame of mind. Every sensation feels important, and you are hyper-sensitised to everything.

For the next minute, I just want you to relax.

ONE MINUTE.... just relax like there isnt a problem. You can worry again in a minute if you want, but for now please relax.

All the sensations you mention are due to anxiety.

If you focus enough on one part of the body, then you will feel tingling.

You need to turn your focus onto other things, and start giving your brain a rest.

Thk u so much ska for your kindness and advice x

Hey Tricia, you're not a burden! I know what you mean, I've been through all that thinking. It's just part of these conditions and can lead us into feeling low or depressed.

I know you sometimes feel judged over the meds but seriously, don't think about that on here. It's never as simple as "take med, feel better" which it is sometimes portrayed on here. It's a difficult path to take and not everyone agrees with it anyway.

Hi trish, Sorry I was not able to get to the internet when you posted.
    I think SLA has given you good advice. I would say the same.
    You are not a burden, just relax.
    I hope you soon have your date for your therapy. x

You are not a burden!!!!!!!!!!

just to echo the others here you`re not a burden, we all wish we were normal, no trouble to anyone, wonderful inspiring types but its not that simple. I`ve lost count of the times I`ve known 100% that my wife and kids would be better off with someone else, someone upbeat who didn`t sh*t themselves at social gatherings or have to prepare for a simple trip in the car as if I was about to invade a foreign country.

I`m a large and somewhat unfriendly looking person I`m told, but inside I`m still 5 or 6 and just wanting to fit in, have the right trainers, the new bike, know the right jokes or watch the programmes that will be talked about tomorrow. I never seem to be in the right place at the right time if you know what I mean?

we are all on here because we don`t quite fit the mould, and we all help each other whether its OCD, health anxiety or generally not quite feeling right somehow

you`re no burden to us, there are plenty of us here who`ll carry you if you`re feeling a bit knackered. breathe steady, make lists of things that you like or used to like, anything at all to make a little headway. and there`s always someone on here day or night if you`re struggling.

I`m steady just now but tomorrow it could be me curled up in a ball absolutely crapping myself about nothing in particular and it might be you that picks me up.

take care

Tricia I understand the feeling as I too feel like a burden on my household, including my child who I feel has a less than fun childhood. I try to counter these thoughts by telling myself I gave her the gift of life and I'm also doing the best I can do, which I'm sure you are too. If you just gave up and didn't try then that maybe different but you haven't.

I too will not take medication, I took it for almost 6 years and know enough about it to make an informed choice and I won't turn back. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to take medication.

I often think that my family would be better off without me because I can't do things which other people appear to do with ease and I'm sure people think that I'm a freak. But maybe they don't. Maybe I'm just too hard on myself as you are on yourself? We do our best in the circumstances.

I do think you should try to stop yourself from calling the paramedics when you have diagnosed anxiety symptoms though. Maybe just use the forum rather than reach for the phone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information