Thread: Paroxetine

Paroxetine

Hi need help and advice please been started on paraxtine last week haven't taken it as I'm so scared I desperately need something but all I've read it very bad reviews I'm scared that it effect me and my work I just don't know what to do for the best
    Any advice please

Re: Paroxetine

I'm absolutely no expert Hazel, but I did some research on this drug because someone I know is on it for anxiety, been on it for over 20 years now. It's really helped her, she certainly didn't say anything about unpleasant side effects. However coming off it is said to be a nightmare, which is why this person is still on it, I believe. If you want to start a family you might want to reconsider it too.

Isn't it an old fashioned drug to be prescribing? Citalopram may be better.

But, I really have no qualifications. Perhaps you could ask a pharmacist for practical information. Good luck.

Thankyou or your reply yes that's what I thought the doctor would prescribe me citapram but when I read ino I couldn't believe how many people didn't find it suited them

---------- Post added at 10:00 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Thankyou for replying yes that's what I thought she prescribe cita pram but when I seen what she had given me and read all the negative reviews Im scared to take it x being trying g to hang in til I can h5et docs weds or Thurs although the could do with something starting to get in my system thanks for your reply

You're welcome. We all know that feeling when we think we just can't cope.

I took Paroxetine a while ago it was the last antidepressant I took. We are all different when it comes to side effects. My side effects were weight gain (come on very quickly, unlike my Fluoxetine weight gain which took around 8 months), tiredness, loss of libido and loss of enjoyment/laughter. However I had absolutely no trouble coming off after the 8 months I took them and came off cold turkey.

I think it's all trial and error. I couldn't take Citalopram as it gave me constant depersonalisation for months and months. Fluoxetine side effects were only weight gain, tiredness and loss if libido as far as I know.

Hi its so difficult you want to feel.better but of I take these am I going to feel worse thanks for your reply I hope your ok now

I have been on paroxetine 20mg since 2005,it was tough to start with but when it kicked in it was great.I have just had a blip and had to have them upped to 30mg for anxiety,they do help but I wont lie to you its hard going until they kick in.I just keep in mind that they have kept me on an even keel for the past 10yrs and they will soon have me back to normal. If you are not coping without meds then maybe worth a try,also councilling. I hope you get through this. You will feel like your never going to get through it but you will,this is my second time and even I feel like its hell on earth but you gotta stay positive and lots of support. You will get there just keep beleiving you will. Good luck you can do this

Thankyou I'm just worried with the side effect stoat it wI'll effect my work

Hi Hazel,

I'm on Paroxetine. Obviously I don't know anything about you or your job, but my guess is you will get some side effects but they won't affect your work.

Dave1

I will start Paroxetine 12.5 mg today

Thread Information