Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diazepam

Diazepam

Can anyone give me some information about Diazepam 5mg Please. As well as anyones experienes of taking Diazepam Thanks

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Hi Sarah Jane

I have diazepam 5 mg to take as and when required. I do only use it when i need it and it does help loads. My doctor did drop it to 2.5 mg and i am not sure as it was in my mind or not but it didnt do anything to help so used to take 2 tablets.

Weeks go by and i dont take it then i may have a week when i need a couple one day and so on. It does work for me and helps me get through the really bad times but like i say as and when i need them.

I did used to be afraid to take it as you read alot about it, but from my experience can only say when needed it helped me loads.

How has your doctor told you to take it.

Love Sal xxxxx

Hi Sarah-Jane, I was given diazipam 5mg when I was at my worst, I was very anxious and very depressed at the time and I have to say that I don't know what I would have done without them!! I took them everyday for a year, 3 times a day. I now haven't taken a diazipam for about 7 months and I have heard loads of stories about how difficult it was for people to come off them, but I was so determined not to live my life on diazipam I just stopped them and i have never looked back (I don't mean to sound big headed!! I promise !) This is not to say that they are not useful because they were very useful for me at the time and helped me loads. I think take them as needed not just because you have got them!! Hope this helps Tara xxx

My doc says take 1 tablet 4 times a day but what i have been doing is take 2 at a time when needed its really helping me. im down to my last six tablets so im back to the docs again tomorrow. and to get a another sick now off of work, i cant face work yet....

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Hi Sarah Jane

There is no rush to go back to work and only when you feel up to it should you consider doing so. Talk to your doctor about the diazepam. I know when i am feeling really anxious if i take 5mg is calms me down a lot. Taken regularly over a long period though can become addictive and lead to other problems, so it sounds like you are doing the right thing and taking it as and when required. Have you ever just tried taking the 5mg rather than 10mg at the same time.

Love Sal xxxxx

Sal

I take the 10 mg when im at my worst as the 5mg does not do much for me if im when the pannic attacks or have the fear and hot flushes as if a pannic attack is comming on i take just 5 mg, to be honest i think the stress i have worrying about my mum being an alcolholic and problems with my real dad now not wanting anything to do with me and stress of working full time and having 3 young kids has crept up on me hence now having panic attacks i suppose its my body warning me eh? i want to either be a stay at home mum or work part time but cannot really afford to do so i have a good job earning good money but the balance of all of this has finally made me fall off the trapese xxxx what bugs me also there are thousands of people out there with the same lifestyle as me why is it me haivng the panic attacks etc i am usually so strong and always have been up to now all my friends and family say im the strong supportive one thats why i guess they all come to me with their problems etc. i feel such a faliour as a mum and wife to bei find myself at the moment snapping more and more which isnt like me at all well mostly not all of the time lol x

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Hi Sarah

Nice to see you found the forum! I took this when I was at my worst and it does really help. If you take it too much though the effects wear off and as you probably know it is super addictive and apparently harder to withdraw from than heroin! My advice would therefore be to take it only when absolutely necessary and use it in this way. Try to find other ways to control the panic.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Hi Sarah-Jane

Welcome aboard.

I was first prescribed Diazepam many years ago - over 7 years now. It was mainly for emergencies and i used to take 1mg (half of a 2mg tablet) at a time.

I still have some but it is over 3 years old now so I guess it is out of date.

The last time I had some was to help me get back on a plane but I still only took 1mg. Nowadays I darent take it but it used to calm me within 20 mins and although I was never dependant on it, I used it when panic was really bad.

I still have it on repeat prescription but haven't had it for over 3 years cos I was worried about interaction with other medication for a high blood pressure.

If it helps then take it, it will calm you down.

Hope to see more of you on here.

Nicola

Hi Sarah Jane

You are totally right . It is a warning that your body is on overload.
    You have lots of stressors at present and its overwhelmed you .

Mine was similar - lots of things all together and I felt better once someone told me it was like The Perfect Storm- not much gets out unscathed . Had your issues all come more spaced out this would not have happened.

The good news is that you can get over these....

Also, you are in no way a failure at all - more like a star .

Well done for getting on with getting over these.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
    - Albert Einstein.

Have spoken to my better half tonight about things and have both come to the decision to pack my job in and be a housewife and fulltime mum. it will give me some time out and to get to grips with taking care of the house and giving my full attention to my children which they need, juggling a full time job, 3 young kids and the house is like having 3 full time jobs at once and obvioulsly not helped me and has gotten me to the stage i am at now with the pannic attacks... god knows how im gonna cope financially but hey money is not everything, will try and explain that to my bank manager in a few momths time xxxxx thanks to everyone here you have all been a tremendous support xxxxxxxx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information