Thread: Long lasting symptons

Long lasting symptons

Thanks for reading my post.

I have had constant numbness/tingling in my fingers for 4 months!I even have it when i don't feel anxious...

Has anyone else experienced constant symptoms even when you're not anxious??

Kim

Re: Long lasting symptons

Quote Originally Posted by KL1995 View Post
    Thanks for reading my post.

I have had constant numbness/tingling in my fingers for 4 months!I even have it when i don't feel anxious...

Has anyone else experienced constant symptoms even when you're not anxious??

Kim
    Anxiety, like every other condition, doesn't just disappear at the flick of a switch. Your body just doesn't work like that. Physical manifestations of anxiety are almost always caused by excessive levels of hormones, like adrenaline, being overly active within the body. It takes time for this to settle.

You may also be suffering from a degree of chronic hyperventilation, whereby you are taking in far too much oxygen and not breathing out enough carbon dioxide. Chronic hyperventilation is completely subconscious, you simply won't be aware you're doing it, all you'll feel is the symptoms. Tingling extremities are absolutely classic signs of it, it's caused by the blood becoming too alkaline. This fires off nerve endings in the hands and feet.

Yes, it's perfectly normal to feel physical symptoms even when not anxious momentarily. It will take many months for all of these things to resolve themselves.

Re: Long lasting symptons

Kim is it possible that you carry a lot of stress and anxiety in your neck and shoulders?

That could cause pressure on the nerves in your neck and cause the symptoms down your arm into your hand.

I have some neck issues, I've had that timgling/numbness in m fingers.

Thread Information