Thread: mirtazapine

mirtazapine

Can anyone tell me if they get really horrible jelly legs with this MED??

Any help with this would be greatful.

Gareth

Re: mirtazapine

When I took Mirtazepine I had restless legs in the evening and couldn't sit still. I also found it too sedating and I felt that I wasn't really "with it". i put on half a stone, which I soon lost when I stopped it.

Been on it for years. I take the view it's better to be a few pounds overweight than skinny and miserable!!

No Jelly legs for me (was on it for about 4 months). I did get a good nights sleep on it, unfortunately I got a good days sleep on it too - 17 hours a day not good.

Krakers.

not sure if i get jelly legs, but i do get leg pains, in teh backs of my legs,

also im on 5 mgs of buspar everyother day with these, not sure if they are helping thought.

im on 30mgs of mirtazapine a day, but they dont knock me out, still takes about 2 hours to go to sleep.

also my mouth, throat , nose, infact my whole head feels dry on these, and have a every tense head and face, does you guys know if the mirtazapine will help with this?

anyone any idea how long this takes to work, i have been on it nearly 7 weeks now, 30mgs and still not feeling better.

though i now have sore legs and feet,and have found 5 red spots on my toungue.

is this normal?

i was on mirtazapine too for weeks and a lot of the time at 45mg. didnt do a thing for me in fact put me in hell,couldnt sleep or eat. Went on the makers website and they state if its not working after 4 weeks its prob not going to,so its either trying an increase or swop meds

Joy

Quote Originally Posted by joy View Post
    i was on mirtazapine too for weeks and a lot of the time at 45mg. didnt do a thing for me in fact put me in hell,couldnt sleep or eat. Went on the makers website and they state if its not working after 4 weeks its prob not going to,so its either trying an increase or swop meds

Joy
    When I was on it I was on 30mg, and didn't really notice any difference. I mentioned upping the dose to 45mg to my doc, and he said that dose was reserved for people who basically couldn't function without that dose. I would suggest trying a different med than increasing.

Krakers.

just goes to show how all docs have different opinions and are not always right

joy

My dose wsa upped to 45 about 18 months ago. When I had a bit of a tough time recently, my psych researched it and was going to increase to 60 (which only a psychiatrist can do). Whilst we didn't go ahead with the increase, it just goes to show that people who are functioning can benefit from higher doses.

Thread Information